online purchase warning: chimney balloon.

picassoman

I recently purchased a Chimney Balloon from an online site (Irish site) and I am still waiting delivery !

Can I name the site on this forum to warn other users ?

The site is mentioned on another Irish forum form someone else with the same experience. I have gone back to PayPal to see if I can get my money back. No reply from the company to my emails and the phone rings out.

OK - I purchased a chimney balloon online from chimneyballoon.ie on Oct 27th.

I have not received the balloon and have received no reply to an email I sent to the company. I also rang the mobile number listed on their site a number of times but it rings out.

I made the payment through PayPal so I have now gone back to them to see if I get my money back.

Just to let you know in case you plan on using this site.

pm

I bought one of these from a Scottish company for around €30.00 odd , and it broke within a few weeks. I made my own "ballon "using two heavy-duty plastic bags filled with attic insulation. It works a treat.

Last edited:
I bought one of these from a Scottish company for around €30.00 odd , and it broke within a few weeks. I made my own "ballon "using two heavy-duty plastic bags filled with attic insulation. It works a treat.

We did that as well.

I bought one of these from a Scottish company for around €30.00 odd , and it broke within a few weeks.
More or less the same experience (i.e. balloon lasted much longer than that - but ultimately, it got damaged). Decided to put a stove in place - and although I don't use it much, it prevents wasting central heating.

I also ordered from that site (chimneyballoon.ie) and they didn't deliver. Got my money back through paypal.

Back