HELP.......need 7 seater advice

J

Johnnybingo

HELP.......need 7 seater advice
Looking at getting 7 seater and have 3 options;

1. 2007 Citroen C4 Picasso Dynamique 1.6 diesel - 15k
2. 2008 Citroen C4 Picasso Dynamique 1.8 petrol - 16k
3. 2008 Ford Galaxy LX 1.8 Diesel - 23k

I am leaning towards the Citroen's tbh because I am not sure if I could stretch to 23k for the Galaxy...plus its a damn big bus with no parking sensors ...... gonna take a lot of getting used to.

Need some advice please

Just keep in mind what kind of drivin your doin motorway or city & what kind of milage you will be doing in a year. there would be a big difference in mpg between the petrol & the diesels.

does the 08's some into the cheaper tax bracket, I would think the 07 would be outside this.

To me the 07 diesel is the best value, but you will be paying more tax on it. Id stay away from the petrol anyway, chech out the price at the pumps & it seems its only goin to keep going up.

You will get better mpg with the diesel.

Hope this is some help

I would plump for the Galaxy, park sensors do not cost much to be fitted.

Whilst Citroen has good diesel engine, electrics let them down from my experience driving citroens.

Have a C4 Grand Picasso,diesel 7 seater. Very comfortable and no trouble. I'd recommend it at the prices.

Have experience of a 3 year old (08) C Grand Picasso 1.6hdi. No problems with it. Economical but won't set any land speed records.

My wife has the 2008 Galaxy, 2.0 TDI which is a fabulous family car.

It is very big (long) but with the parking sensors, you get used to parking it very quickly

Very reliable and great for transporting the kids (and all their mates)

Great car on a journey also.

Dont know anything about Citroen but reliably informed, not to go there

What age are the kids ?

The two last seats in the Picasso are quite small - no foot well so might not be great for older kids on longer journeys.

Back