KPI reporting??

J

Jack

I am in the process of applying for a job as a Credit Manager with a multinational. One of the fuctions is 'Monthly KPI reporting'. Anyone know what that is?

Thanks!

KPI = Key Performance Indicators. I'd guess in a credit management role this would be things like Days Sales Outstanding etc.

KPIs

Very concerning that you're applying for a job in a financial control post, and you don't know what a KPI is !

I suppose you could pray that they don't ask you what phrases such as "Credit Terms", or "Cash Flow" mean

KPIs

In applying for any financial control position, if you don't understand basic terminology and acronyms such as "KPI", then it's fairly obvious that you're not qualified for the job.

Re: KPIs

Surely US, that is not for You to judge - an intention of this forum is to encourage someone to have their queries addressed - not to be put down just for asking - would You agree?

ninsaga

KPIs

If someone is so poorly qualified for a job, such that they don't even understand the basic terminology, then it is up to the board to question whether or not they should even apply for the role. To do otherwise would be irresponsible.

If they are poorly qualified for the job then any half decent selection process will weed them out so I don't think that you personally need to worry about it.

Different companies & different industries have their own terminology - one man's KPI is another man's metric etc etc. Anyone can pick up the relevant acronyms within a week or two - The underlying skills & abilities are far more relevant than ability to spout acronyms.

KPI

US

For your information, I attended an interview in a city centre hotel yesterday with the FD & MD (Irl) of the particular company and I have just been called back for a second interview. As the FD said himeself, an acronym is irrelevant as are all names & titles. Whats important is whether I can do the job. For your information the acronym I'm familiar with is COS.

Back