Does anyone know anyone who has ever...won anything on a prize bond?!

Won E75 this moring whoppee! They should just have less prizes but minimum prize E500, E75 hardly worth the effort of going to the bank with the cheque. Suppose better than nothing, thats E150 I've won in about 18th months, had 2K in before xmas and now have 20K.

I have won two €75 prizes. I enjoy the surprise elment of a win - it's nice to find small cheques unexpectedly amidst the usual post - even if the prizes are no more or perhaps less than you would get in interest.

a friend recenlty won 30euro but my mother has had some for 20 years and never won a penny!!

Ive often wondered the same about PB.

These are the prizes that PB holders can win, You would think youd hear of someone winning anything over 500,000.

'January to November - 3 Monthly Jackpots of €1,000,000 and 8 Monthly Jackpots of€500,000'

The Prize Bonds website says you can view the draws:
'When are the draws?
The draws take place every Friday in The Prize Bond Company Office, 3B GPO, O'Connell Street, Dublin 1 at 12.30pm. The presentation of the results can be viewed live at An Post, Investment Advice Centre, Andrew Street, Dublin 2.'

€75 x 1 shortly after buying them which beat any kind of interest... Nothing since and I really should close this. Waste of time.

Just won another E75 this mornng, thats E150 in 2 weeks, E225 in 2 years. Not bad but I know the big win is coming

I won €3000 worth of prize bonds in a competition just over 18 months ago. So far I've won 3 x €75.

I won another E75 yesterday which means I've won E300 in total, I've been saving there for about 18mths and now have about 18K which I was planning on moving into a bank for interest, but with interest so low I wonder are the odds better here of winning.

I won another E75 thats a total of 5 x 75 over two years with 20K in bonds just so not so bad so far. Will be taking my money out next month for tax bill but I save here throughout the year for my tax aqnd happy with return so far.

In a demand deposit account for 2 years at 3% (and you can get better than that) the return on 20K is

20000 x (1.03)^2 = 21218 - 304.50 (DIRT at 25%) = 20913.50

So an overall return of 913.50 against 375 in bonds.

I have circa €3500 of Prize Bonds and I won 3 x €75 in the last two years. The latest today. Having said that I have them since the 1970's and won nothing in over 30 years!!

Won E75 this moring whoppee! They should just have less prizes but minimum prize E500, E75 hardly worth the effort of going to the bank with the cheque. Suppose better than nothing, thats E150 I've won in about 18th months, had 2K in before xmas and now have 20K.

Just won another E75 this mornng, thats E150 in 2 weeks, E225 in 2 years. Not bad but I know the big win is coming

I won another E75 yesterday which means I've won E300 in total, I've been saving there for about 18mths and now have about 18K which I was planning on moving into a bank for interest, but with interest so low I wonder are the odds better here of winning.

I won another E75 thats a total of 5 x 75 over two years with 20K in bonds just so not so bad so far. Will be taking my money out next month for tax bill but I save here throughout the year for my tax aqnd happy with return so far.

This is extraordinary but ....
The minimum you can win is E75 there are no E30 prizes so they must have been lying!!!

.... wonder who's REALLY telling porkies!?!;)

Have about 1,000 worth and never won a cent over 15 years! Thinking of cashing them in and going on a nice holiday...

This is extraordinary but ....

.... wonder who's REALLY telling porkies!?!;)

REally I've won 5 x E75, I only posted here so people can see you do win but I ahve alot of money there, I;m convinced I'm going to win big..deluded probably alhtough have to take most out in the next few weeks to pay my tax but will continue to save my tax in prize bonds as so far the returns haven't been bad. the letter comes on Tuesday if you've won so Tuesdays have got awfully excitng waiting for the postman. Friday was the end of the month so the big prize was 1million!

Back