What AVC products facilitate investments in ETF's?

Moneymonkey

Hi all,

I have been investigating the possibility of investing in ETF's via an AVC arrangement. I am currently an employee and a member of my company scheme but have scope for AVC's which I want to utilise.
Are there any suitable products on the market? Ideally I'm looking for a product that doesn't require a minimum lump sum initial payment as I plan to make regular contributions only. Ive had a look around but the only one that seems to be available is the Standard Life AVC PRSA, this does require a lump sum however. I'm just curious to know if anyone is aware of others?

MM.

Just had a look at the Standard Life contract and the only offer Stocktrade for buying company shares, govt and corporate bonds.

If you want them because you believe passive funds will perform better, go with Irish Life, New Ireland or Friends First (check friends offer it on their PRSA contacts, I don't use them too much).

Cost wise, it will be wrapped in a pension product so it won't be any cheaper by got ETF as opposed to other funds.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Thanks for the response. I've had a look at the Irish Life, New Ireland and Friends First websites but don't see any reference to these products? I am choosing this route predominantly as a means to access direct ETF investment whilst doing so as tax efficiently as possible. I understand that the cost advantages of ETF investing will be lost due to the product wrapper charges but I am assuming that the tax advantages will mean that this is still the most efficient means off investing in ETF's? Of course I could be wrong here.
I know that the tax treatment of ETF's (outside of pensions) is anything but clear and the Revenue have done a great job of causing total confusion, but on the assumption that the funds I invest in are subject to gross roll up, I would be interested to know to what extent the tax advantages of investing through a pension structure are eliminated, over time, by the higher charges within that structure as opposed to direct investment with lower charges, gross roll up etc. If anyone has looked into this I'd love to see a worked example.

Apologies if I've strayed a bit. If you have a link to product info Steven it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
MM.

The list of available funds are all below. Irish Life is the only one who categorizes them as Indexed Funds.

New Ireland Funds
http://fundcentre.newireland.ie/#performance/AtoZ

Irish Life Funds
[broken link removed]

Friends First Funds
http://www.friendsfirst.ie/investment-centre/fund-information/

You will probably have to use their non standard PRSA product to get access to the full suite of funds as the standard PRSA products have limited fund choice.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back