motorbike in apartments

Bree Narran

Anyone know if any dsngers associated with a motorbike
Parked inside ground floor apartment or on patio of ground gloor apartment?

Would be great to hear from a bike owner.

I see 55 views. Just to add opinions of non bike owners very welcome too.
Mant thanks

Well I don't think it's a good idea. You're going to dirty the floor and cause damage to walls, it's unsightly, it's unfair to the other owners/tenants. Surely you can leave it outside instead?

Also isn't it like having a can of petrol in our house, sounds positively dangerous.

There is probably a clause in your ownership contract that prevents people doing what you are suggesting.

I'd suggest that if the bike hasn't been completely drained of all fluids etc that you are breaching yours and the block insurance terms also.

Internal floor and walls not concern of omc.... as landlord not against it.
My concern is for safety of people in the building.

I'd say your biggest concern is insurance. If there was a fire (even if the bike isn't the cause), then the insurance company could refuse to pay. You'd want to check the insurance contract and T&Cs.

There are no internal common areas... sorry see where you were going now re; walls etc.

His apartment is own door.

contact the block insurer to confirm as only they can answer this and also check the contract lease for apartments. Might be worth contacting your local fire officer to get some advice as well.

Having a motorised vehicle inside an apartment full of fuel will almost certainly be a no no. The patio 'may' be acceptable but I assume they will have to transport it through the apartment to reach the patio. Can the fire brigade access this if there was a fire?

Check your lease/development rules. Ours says that all motorised vehicles must be parked in a parking space.

Our lease unfortunately does not have that in it.
We have written to the landlord so lets see what happens from here.

Our lease unfortunately does not have that in it.
We have written to the landlord so lets see what happens from here.
I presume you are talking about the lease you have with your landlord. However the lease/covenants he has with the Owners' Management Company would take precedence.
I'm fairly sure we are not allowed to have tanks/containers of fuel within our apartment, I'll check it if I get a chance.

No ..... management compsny and member lease.
Landlord got onto tenant. Motorbike seems to be gone.
Thanks al.

Back