Bidding Advice Please?

Afternoon,

Just thought I would update you all on what happened. So in the end we decided to bid the asking price. EA agreed to pass our offer on to the vendor. We received a call saying that there was another bidder who offered 10k over asking. Even though we loved the house we had to walk away as we had reached our limit. We did wonder whether the other bidder may have been phantom, but the house is now listed as sale agreed online.

I have learned a lot from this experience, and we are gutted we missed out, but hope we can find another house at some point in the future that we can call home!

Thank you all for your advice, it really helped.

Afternoon,

Just thought I would update you all on what happened. So in the end we decided to bid the asking price. EA agreed to pass our offer on to the vendor. We received a call saying that there was another bidder who offered 10k over asking. Even though we loved the house we had to walk away as we had reached our limit. We did wonder whether the other bidder may have been phantom, but the house is now listed as sale agreed online.

I have learned a lot from this experience, and we are gutted we missed out, but hope we can find another house at some point in the future that we can call home!

Thank you all for your advice, it really helped.

Thanks for coming back, you did the right thing, you went with your max for the property that was the one, you didn't get it, you learnt a lot of lessons and most importantly you walked away.

There will always be another house, do not be gutted, it was not meant to be and it's rare indeed the purchasers that not only finds the 'one' but secures the 'one'. Best of luck with your next house.

There can be little doubt that you will. I had missed out on two houses (despite bidding to my limit on one which was above asking) before securing my current house which, as it transpires, is a better fit for me financially and in other respects too.

Thank you both, and agree it just was not meant to be and take consolation in trying to do the right thing.

Congrats michaelm on finding you new home! Thanks for the encouraging words. Back to the house hunt I go :)

Back