Should unlevel floor be included in a snag list?

Cheeus

Could anyone tell me if an unlevel concrete floor should have been included in a snag list? My hall has a hump in it where a pipe is laid underneath.

The company that snagged my apartment missed 18 very obvious things (and only listed about 3)Does this make it 19? It's going to cost us a few hundred euro to level the hall and replace the soundproofing.

Yes its snag item, and may cost a bit of money to rectify. Sounds like your snagger missed a lot or just couldn't be bothered to fully examine the property. Have you handed a snag list in to the builder yet?

Unfortunately we purchased through the council. We had to pay them a snagging fee as the apts were finished before we purchased. I did get a copy of the snag list before we bought and there was very little on it. In my opinion it looks like the snagger didn't enter the apartment because we have a long list now that we are trying to get rectified.

Warning to all buying via affordable housing - do your own snag even if the council make you pay for their's too. I wish I had gone with my gut and done this at the time.

Do you have any comeback against the snagger? If they missed significant issues that cost a large amount to rectify, they may be liable.

That should have been picked up on the rectification list, as it would effect the laying of a floor, were you given the option of getting a snag list completed your-self, or did they insist on one they recommended. If it was the latter, I would be inclined to make an issue with the council about it.

Back