House for sale with EA what is situation if we sell privately to one of their custome

canthinkname

we have our house for sale for a few months with an Estate Agent.

We have had a few people looking at the house. I was talking to one of my neighbours today and one of the couples who looked at our house are very interested in it. She knows the couple through someone else.

I have suggested that they get in touch with us directly.

If they do decide to buy our house, what is the situation with our Estate Agent given that they viewed the house originally with them?

Will we owe the estate agent any money i.e. their fee? Is there anyway for the estate agent to find out that our house has been sold and to whom or can we just tell them that we are taking it off the market?

Any advice please.

Re: House for sale with EA what is situation if we sell privately to one of their cus

The Estate agent is legally entitled to their fee.

Re: House for sale with EA what is situation if we sell privately to one of their cus

I was buying a house about 10 years ago and when we viewed a house we were interested in it turned out that we knew the girl selling it. We made direct contact and she gave it to us at a discounted rate because she didn't have to pay the EA fees. I'm not saying it is right but it certainly can be and has been done.

The Estate agent is legally entitled to their fee.

mf

The estate agent is legally entitled to their fee.

The estate agent is morally entitled to their fee.

Brendan

Back