Offer on Castlegrange houses -Clonsilla

D

dubliner1

Hi All,

We were thinking to buy a end of terraced house in Castlegrange,Clonsilla(New houses).It's a 3bed house.
They are priced around 290K.We've offered them 250K.What do you think of this offer.Any one bought a house in that area.Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I bought a 3 bed end of terrace house in 1st phase (Latchford) for 305,000 in 2006. Value went as high as 415,000 in 2007. Well made houses and nice estate. In the current environment it makes sense to haggle/negotiate with the builders. What phase are you buying in. I think the last phase includes social & affordable housing.
Good luck.

Thanks very much for your reply.I'm not sure which phase it is, but the agent said there are only 5 houses left.What do you think is the right price for that house in the current market conditions.

Are these from the same development? They are 190K through affordable housing

[broken link removed]

Hi Bronte,
Gouglas New man good(DNG) is the agent for these houses.

Sounds like a fair offer to me. The affordable housing at Latchford is directly across the road from Castlegrange, they are pretty much identical estates, same builder etc. I had an apartment in Latchford before and have to say it was lovely and really well built and insulated, the estate was also attractive. I moved because I was miles from my family and friends but were it a better location for me I would probably still be there.

Thanks Deedee80.But the estate agent came back and said that the offer is too low.
I've asked my other friends and they too think that 255K to 260 is the right price for that house.Shall I wait for few days or make another offer, what do you think.

My advice would be to leave the offer to sit, and see if they come back to you.
That said, you're the one that wants to live there, if paying an extra 5 or 10 grand will make you happy, that's your call - but 10k would buy a lot of furniture!

Back