Avergae time from sale agreed to close the deal

ConorP

I guess the subject matter says all.

We just put a deposit on a house today and the auctioneer will issue sales details to solicitors..

Ball park .. what should be the length of time before the deal is closed ?? And we can move in :)

Thanks in advance..

CP

Re: Avergae time from sale agrred to close the deal

Are you moving from rented accommodation? Do you need to give notice?

Have you organised your funds? If you don't already have loan approval, you need to apply now. It can take several weeks for a loan offer to show and then 2-6 weeks to provide everything to your lender.

Is the house you are buying empty? Or are there still people living there? Where are they moving to? How long will it take them to find somewhere else?

In addition to title being in order (and the solicitor will look after that), its two things:

1. You have money to close. You have to have closing funds plus stamp duty ( if applicable) and solicitors fees and outlays.
2. Vendor can give you vacant possession.

I think you should approach the EA and ask them for an approximate time frame for the vendors. Do not commit to anything without checking with your own solicitor and telling him/her about your funds situation. Your solicitor will be able to give you a more detailed idea once they know about your circumstances.

mf

Re: Avergae time from sale agrred to close the deal

Thanks MF,

The house we're purchasing is occupied but the tenents only need 35 days notice to vacate. We're ready to move at the drop of a hat (all loans and engineers done and out of the way)..I guess it's down to paperwork with the solicitors.. That's what I was questioning.. How long from the auctioneer issues details of sale to the solicitors can we hexpect to close...

The sale details were issued yesterday (18.08.2009) .. I'd love to think that we'd be in for Christmas...

Regards,

CP

Back