Well done to the cabin crew or an overreaction?

STEINER

When I heard media reports, I assumed the guy involved had claimed to have ebola. However, he scribbled 2 words on a coffee cup lid which went into the rubbish. I just think the whole episode was a massive overreaction.

I think massive overreaction too but I suppose when you are in an airplane it probably isn't the time for joking around given the history to panic in these situations.

A very big overreaction to a private joke between a father and his daughter. Incredible. The fine was incredibly draconian too

Total over reaction in my opinion. It was a private joke between a father and a daughter which could have been very quickly cleared up if the cabin crew had kept their heads.

Echo all the above. Private joke that they didn't even draw attention to- they just threw the cup in the bin.
I feel sympathy for the poor man, named and shamed like this before the courts.

Madness

Completely OTT. On at least one social media site, the Daily RedTop readers have gone into overdrive posting hysterically "It's Here!!".

+1 for the over-reaction.

But .. should aircrew be given discretion to ignore such behaviour ?

even if the cabin crew over reacted the judge should have had a cooler head and seen it for what it was. Its a pity our legal system does not react with the same heavy handiness when it comes to stabbings, murders and violence in Ireland. The judicial system in this country is a sham, how judges are appointed, and the fact that judges are not appointed from other professions to bring more balance.

even if the cabin crew over reacted the judge should have had a cooler head and seen it for what it was. Its a pity our legal system does not react with the same heavy handiness when it comes to stabbings, murders and violence in Ireland. The judicial system in this country is a sham, how judges are appointed, and the fact that judges are not appointed from other professions to bring more balance.
I agree in this case that the judge should have seen it for what it was...but overall I think the judges in this country are fair minded and do a good job...

I agree in this case that the judge should have seen it for what it was...but overall I think the judges in this country are fair minded and do a good job...

Hard to agree with that when you see so many people getting suspended sentences etc with dozens/hundreds of convictions.

that's probably a lot to do with prison over crowding though.

Doubt it...it's not the concern of a judge whether their are spaces are not. His job is the case, dealing with the verdict and handing down a sentence. It's over to the prison authorities/Govt after that

Plane wasn't diverted and Dublin Airport passengers don't have many delays overall; it's to be expected once in a while.
Most disturbing thing is where does the money go? Charity? We'll, we know the culture of those organisations in this couvert. Poor box? What is this? Some Garda's pocket? That's where a house mates court fine went when he paid his.

Plane wasn't diverted and Dublin Airport passengers don't have many delays overall; it's to be expected once in a while.
Most disturbing thing is where does the money go? Charity? We'll, we know the culture of those organisations in this couvert. Poor box? What is this? Some Garda's pocket? That's where a house mates court fine went when he paid his.

Of course it did. :rolleyes:

Back