Sick cert over christmas holidays

jimmyd

Hi,

I am getting 4 wisdom teeth out on monday 23rd Dec and the surgeon said he will be giving me a sick cert for 5 days. (No turkey for me)

I had Monday and Tuesday booked off work as holidays, Wed is xmas day, thur is Stephens day and then work is closed on friday so I had friday taken as a day from my holidays too.

Looking online:
Sick leave during public holidays

If you are a full time worker who is on sick leave during a public holiday, you have an entitlement to time off work for the public holiday(s) you missed. If you are a part-time worker on sick leave during a public holiday, you would be entitled to time off work for the public holiday provided you worked for your employer at least 40 hours in the previous 5-week period.
However, you are not entitled to the public holiday if you are absent from work immediately before the public holiday and you have been off work for more than 26 weeks due to an ordinary illness or accident, or for more than 52 weeks due to an occupational accident.
Sick leave and annual leave

If you are ill during your annual leave and have a medical certificate for the days you were ill, these sick days will not be counted as annual leave days. Instead, you can use these days as annual leave at a later date.
An employer cannot require you to take annual leave for a certified period of illness.

Does that mean I can get Monday and Tuesday given back to me to take again? What about the 2 public holidays and then the Friday where work is closed?

Edit - I get paid for days off/public holidays.

Back