Is there an iTunes scam?

Gervan

Thank you for buying the following product:
Product Name: NFS - Pocket Edition
Order Number: QWUCVW291HD
Receipt Date: 08/04/2014
Order total: 9.31 £
If you did not authorize this purchase, please visit the iTunes [ link removed - Brendan ] Form within the next 12 hours in order to cancel the payment.
You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies.
Apple respects your privacy.

Hi Gervan

Just noticed this now.

I don't think it's related, but my Visa card was charged with 6 items by the Apple iTunes store. I haven't used my iTunes account in some years, so someone seems to have used by Visa card.

There was no hassle. Visa cancelled the charges and sent me a new card immediately.

That iTunes one is very typical, Amazon, Kindle, PayPal and the online banks are frequently the subjects of these phishing attacks also. You'll probably find that no such charge has been made to your account, but never ever click on the link in this type of email. You can pretty much be guaranteed it will take you to a site that will compromise your computer.

Any time you get an email that sounds anything like this from a bank or service provider, go directly to the providers own website to investigate. Never click on the links provided or open attachments, especially .pdf or .zip files.

a p p l e @ n e w . a p p l e . c o m Got this-
This is an automatic message sent by our security system to let you know that you have 48 hours to confirm your account information.
Your itunes account has been frozen because we are unable to validate your account information.

Once you have updated your account records, we will try again to validate your information and your account suspension will be lifted. This will help protect your account in the future. This process does not take more than 3 minutes. To proceed to confirm your account details please click on the link below and follow the instructions.

Scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
a p p l e @ n e w . a p p l e . c o m Got this-
This is an automatic message sent by our security system to let you know that you have 48 hours to confirm your account information.
Your itunes account has been frozen because we are unable to validate your account information.

Once you have updated your account records, we will try again to validate your information and your account suspension will be lifted. This will help protect your account in the future. This process does not take more than 3 minutes. To proceed to confirm your account details please click on the link below and follow the instructions.

Scam?

Definitely. I get mails like this from "Pay Pal" practically every day. Don't click on anything in an unsolicited mail. No exceptions. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
i received same. Apple have a 2 step verification process, which is excellent and makes it harder for hackers to get access to your ac... You link your mobile to your ac and you get a special code to use

Back