Last Oct i opted to pay LPT by direct debit for 2014, Direct Debit not activated?

dewdrop

Last Oct i opted to pay by direct debit for 2014 and returned the Form etc. On checking my account there were no payments made so on checking with Revenue they said they had no record of the direct deb it but helpfully set up one over the phone. It might be no harm to check your account just in case.

I own a number of Buy to Lets and had it set up on the revenue online facility since 2013. All payments were made in 2013 by this facility. In 2014 all of the properties that were originally on the 2013 online facility are showing as paid as of the 21/03/2014.
My problem is that I purchased a property in 2013 and I am responsible for the 2014 payment on it. I filled up a LPT 4 form (change of ownership form) and posted this to revenue at the end of October 2013. I also filled up and signed the single Debit authority authorising the amount to be taken out from my bank account. I signed same at the bottom of Page 3 of the LPT form. The LPT for this property has not been taken from my account.

I know that Revenue got this form because when I checked the online facility the property was shown on it.
About 3 weeks ago I checked the online facility but this property was showing as "Return submitted" but payment method "not set up". There is no facility to set up the payment method on the computer in my situation. I emailed them on the matter about 3 weeks ago nothing happened and no reply. I emailed them on Thursday last and I got no reply.
I have just checked the online facility and now I see that the property has been removed altogether ???.
What is going on?.
I did try on several occasions to ring them but was left on hold for longer than I could wait.
I am going to have to take an hour or so off in the next 2 days to sort it out.
Are they going to say that I never registered the property?.
I certainly am not going to pay any penalties. I have done everything right and I should not be having to take time off to sort this matter out.
Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

sahd. I was hoping that you might comment on my post and I thank you for same.
I am just the type of person that likes to have my bills sorted out on time even if I do not like them.
I will take your advise and email them in a few mins. Thanks

I opted for single debit authority, my bank said me a letter stating that revenue would be taking money out of my account, luckily I had an idea it was the LPT, and I see today that the money was taken on the 21st March.

I rang LPT helpline today in relation to my previous post and after 21 minutes I got through and explained my problem and was told that I would have to be put through to another section but waiting time was 10 mins. After 40 mins waiting for this section I was told that I would have to be put through to another section with a waiting time of 7 mins which actually took 33 mins.
I spoke to a girl who was actually quite nice and she told me that what I had sent them in on 01/11/2013 was correct but somebody had not done their job.

I was on the Phone today for 1 hour and 37 mins.

This was my 4th phone call on this matter. Phone call (1) Ran out of Cr after 32 mins. Phone call (2) Battery ran out after 17 mins and 3rd phone call I ran out of time after 29 mins.

No reply to 3 emails on the matter in the last 3 weeks.

I feel this is a shoddy service and this is coming from someone who wants to comply.

Dermot, thanks for letting us know what you had to go through. My direct debit has not been taken either. Will try the email route first although not holding out much hope if you never heard back. An hour and 37 mins on the phone is a joke!

I appreciate your advice sahd but in my particular situation I was in a "black mail" situation as I need a tax clearance cert in the next week and I would probably would not have received it as I was being shown as owing the LPT for the house even though it was not my fault. Emails are obviously being ignored.
I found it very annoying to hear the revenue chairman on RTE radio this morning stating that as of yesterday there was an 8 minute waiting time. Geraldine did you do a practical test on this before you came on radio. My experience was the same day as she referred to.

I opted for the Single Debit (on line) to be taken from card no..... To date no money has been taken and I have had no letter from Revenue. When I checked the status to day it reads "Outstanding balance = O".

I phoned revenue and without even checking he said "just start again" but as the balance due is O what am I now paying

You are correct, 2013 was a card payment. 2014 was SDA bank a/c but no money deducted and no letter

It was done on November 2nd and can't remember if they requested IBAN. I took some screen shots but so far I can't find that one

I do not think that they were requesting IBAN No in early November 2013. During my marathon discussion with revenue which I have referred to above I was told that if your Bank Sort Code and Account No were correct they would be able to convert it to the IBAN No.
They have done this already where you have multiple properties.
They have the system to do it anyway

Just as a matter of interest which may help when phoning revenue/LPT I used the number they gave for callers from overseas 353 1 702.... (I don't do 1890 numbers) and got through straight away

Any updates here?

I'm also in this curious situation of believing I've set up either monthly DDs or a once-off; can't find the single payment and there's definitely been no monthly DD yet the online system is showing Nil owing .....!?

Back