Double Payment of Local Property Tax

RedDevil

I decided to amend the details of my return an increase the band of my property.
I did this before the 21st March and also paid the difference for 2013.
On 21st March Revenue took the amount for the lower band and
On 4th April Revenue took the amount for the higher band.
So I have now paid the LPT twice.
Has this happened anyone else?
I assume that when the Revenue discover this error they will refund me?

I wouldn't assume Revenue will refund you this without you requesting it. I was chasing Revenue for a property exemption for over 6 months after the LPT was initially paid. The exemption finally came through but the overpayment was left sitting on the account as in credit. I phoned about it and was told you have to formally request it.

Hope it's ok to post on this thread rather than setting up a new one but last year my Mother paid LPT using Visa Debit card and it was fine.

This year she has tried paying by the same method and twice the payment was declined. Enough money is in her current account. Anybody else have any problem this year with Visa Debit - it's a PTSB Card?

I used a PTSB visa debit card to pay this on Sun with no issues.

Theresa1, was it definitely a 'decline' that she got, or some other error message?

If it was a decline, is the balance in her current acc all cleared funds, i.e. did she lodge a cheque recently that's reflected in her balance but not yet available to spend

Back