Habitat - clearance sale - today, tomorrow and Monday.

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
In case anyone missed the ads in yesterday's papers Habitat are having their clearance sale Friday (yesterday), Saturday (9-6), Sunday (12-5) and Monday (no times given). Ad says up to 80% off and no gift cards and gift vouchers accepted. Only cash and credit/debit cards taken.

I must say we recieved a voucher for habitat a few years ago and we found it very hard to buy anything ! Ended up buying a rug for the dog to sleep on ;) Not suprised when I heard they were shutting their doors .Overpriced tat IMO.

Called in early this morning - very little left, a few light fittings, odd delph and cutlery, candles, odd bed linen, perspex storage boxes, a few shower curtains, notebooks - didn't see anything worth buying, which is a first for me. All the good stuff has the sold sticker on. Reckon friends of staff etc. got advance notice and whipped it up yesterday.

Called in early this morning - very little left, a few light fittings, odd delph and cutlery, candles, odd bed linen, perspex storage boxes, a few shower curtains, notebooks - didn't see anything worth buying, which is a first for me. All the good stuff has the sold sticker on. Reckon friends of staff etc. got advance notice and whipped it up yesterday.

There must be a lot of friends of staff, judging by the photos of the queues to get in yesterday shown in today's paper.....

There must be a lot of friends of staff, judging by the photos of the queues to get in yesterday shown in today's paper.....

Point taken, just my own account of the situation as I saw it and my humble opinion for what it's worth - a throwaway comment..

I went in today and everything that had been reduced by 50% was being cut by another 50%. That said it was literally an empty warehouse. Everything had sold stickers and as above there were a few notebooks, candle holders, one or two canvas prints, and not much else. If you haven't been in there already, save yourself the journey :(

Back