Register a Charge on a property

andrewol

Hi Guys,
Quick query - Ive been reading up about how to register a charge/mortgage on a property.
Basically I have done this using a solicitor before, normally happens where someone owes you money and you want to lay first claim on an asset when they sell. (although revenue will have first claim in event of bankruptcy I believe)

From what I can see there are basically 2 documents, the mortgage document and the Land registry form 52, which can be registered on line.
Anyone have any experience? Is there anything potentially missing here as it seems pretty simple!
Cheers
A.

Revenue will not have first claim on a property where a mortgage is registered. The process is straightforward but the documentation will need to be drawn up by a solicitor and correctly signed and registered. You will need full involvement of a solicitor in dealing with the registration and ensuring that all documentaion is correct. This could be cost prohibitive for smaller debts.

Are you seeking to register a 'judgment mortgage' or put in place a mortgage on foot of borrowing you intend to make?

It's anything but simple - Form 52 if for registration of a charge arising from a commercial debentures. And it can't be registered online.

You need specific advice on whatever it is you're planning.

hi folks. i bought a site 6 yrs ago intending to build for investment. building boom fell apart. borrowed 120K from bank, cant pay back. only security reqd by bank was proceeds of sale of house on the site. have my own house with mortgage fully paid. received letter this morning from property registration authority to say judgement mortgage has been obtained in the high court on both my home and site.

Back