Mature students entitlements

Grueler

Hi all,
I am a mature student living at home with my parents, I am in my second year of a four year degree course in WIT. My problem is there are no direct links to the college from home and with Winter here it is an hour,s walk there and back every day. Can anyone advise on my entitlements regarding rent allowance if I were to go into rented accommodation closer to Wit. I only receive €75 a week unemployment at the moment, would this increase if I were to move out of my parents house, any help would be appreciated.

Its covered here
http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/rent_faq.aspx

Doesn't look a runner unless you can meet whatever the exceptions are:
extract:
5. Who does not qualify for Rent Supplement?

You will not qualify for Rent Supplement if:

you are in full time education (some exceptions apply).

Hope this helps

Thancks ircoha, it dosent look good on the rent supplement front but would my unemployment money increase if I was not living at home ?

Students aren't eligible for jobseeker payments unless they are on a back to education allowance.

Hi all,
I am a mature student living at home with my parents, I am in my second year of a four year degree course in WIT. My problem is there are no direct links to the college from home and with Winter here it is an hour,s walk there and back every day. Can anyone advise on my entitlements regarding rent allowance if I were to go into rented accommodation closer to Wit. I only receive €75 a week unemployment at the moment, would this increase if I were to move out of my parents house, any help would be appreciated.

From Oct 2014 :

"I was wondering how Revenue calculate lump sum entitlement with early retirement. I am 58 and have 13 years service with the company on a salary of €45,500, how much roughly should I expect ? The pot is €153,000.[/QUOTE]"

Sorry I should clarify, I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter as her laptop gave up the ghost!!

Back