Ryanair. Frustrating website security feature. Re-enter security code every few mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. I logged on to their website. I couldn't read the first few codes but eventually found one that I could use. I keyed in my outward dates and checked the next week just to see if the prices were different. I then keyed in my return dates and I was immediately thrown back to the security code screen. Not only that but the pop up screen said that I need to accept the terms and conditions (again) which I already had at the beginning of the process. When I tried to do this I was then thrown back to the original screen to start the process all over again. Why should I have to start all over again. To be honest I just gave up.

Lots of people browse Ryanair to see what deals are available. In my case I often do not have an idea where I actually want to go on holiday so I browse through Ryanair to get ideas. This is then narrowed down to a few places. I then go off and research hotels and apartments and I eventually end up with a hobbled together DIY job. I have had great fun doing this in the past and ended up with some unexpectedly great holidays. For the past few weeks I have been trying to do the same but I have ended up just logging off the Ryanair website in total frustration. Has any of the muppets in Ryanair even tried using their own site to price a holiday? We are not all screenscrapers out here you know!

I am exactly the same as yourself ,like alot of people I presume ,what I am saying is that when they get their website performance statistics they will /should cop on just how much business they are loosing. I am very very surprised the "Ryanair machine" has not addressed this yet , they usually scour the media for any discussion related to them . Surely their not all on holidays.

Has anyone tried using the Trip Finder facility on Aer Lingus? Really handy if you are more interested in a type of holiday rather than a place. Obviously will only give you Aer Lingus bookable flights but it does make the whole browsing business considerably easier if you are not too picky about destination and want to compare a few.

Very frustrating. I am flexible in my dates of travel. I am trying to choose between certain dates within a month. I keep getting bumped back to input a security code after about every 6 moves or I am bumped back to "system error" and I have to start all over again. Ryanair I just want to give you some business I am not trying to do anything else.

I am sick of it, prices are over double they were last year and 4 times what they were 2 years ago.

Their changes to prepaid master cards and their cash passport where the british get free reloads and we pay 3euro per load and problems with website have forced me to go from weekly with ryanair to fortnightly with aer lingus.

I check prices to a number of destinations daily, both on Ryanair and Aer Lingus as I am flexible in my travel arrangements. I really find the Ryanair website very frustrating. I have been locked out of the Ryanair website more than once if I tend to scroll back and forth excessively. Note to Ryanair. I am simply trying to put together a package matching up flights, flight times and hotel prices. I am not trying to cheat you in any way!

Odea, if Ryanair were listening they would have taken away the capcha by now. Unless their plan is to deter travellers from using their services?

Odea, if Ryanair were listening they would have taken away the capcha by now. Unless their plan is to deter travellers from using their services?

Looks like it is gone today. Then again there appears to have been a restructuring of their flight prices overnight. Odd amounts. Unfortunately the prices have gone upwards. If the Catchpa is gone it would be great.

I've just tried to look at flights and the captcha is still there. I'm flying from an airport that doesn't have many options apart from Ryanair so I'm stuck with them :-(

I think RyanAir do this on purpose to frustrate "fare tarts".

I think it doesn't matter whether a customer decided on ryanair or decided on another company in advance as this captcha will change your mind against ryanair as once you get that captcha on your screen you will think to hell with this maybe if I look at the Aer Lingus site instead then I can get this form filled in faster and then go back to packing and dreaming about my trip. Anyway nobody ever chooses Ryanair out of loyalty as they have the worst reputation for how they treat the customer. I think this captcha nonsense is one of those things which is the final straw. I have booked a few flights now where I dont care what the price is so long as its not ryanair and this captcha.

Its more than just the captcha its being bumped back to the start and having to start over I think.

Honestly you are going a bit too far, the captcha takes a few seconds to type in, I really think people are making mountains out of molehills here.

It takes a lot longer and completely destroys the website. They may as well go back to mail order or travel agents as the point of ease of use and convenience of the internet has been self- sabotaged. As far as I'm concerned, Ryanair is no longer a company which is truly ''online'' and I will look elsewhere.

yes, i think ryanair site had a fault or was corrupt at the weekend, because I made several attempts to book flights and like the other posters here found it very frustrating, had to give up. However today I tried and got sorted first time, in a few minutes. Definitely something was wrong at the weekend. I think it often happens. Its annoying but if you want to fly to a particular airport/area and Ryanair are the only airline going to it, no choice but to keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back