Injunction, where to start?

yellowroses

If i were to apply for an injunction against someone where would i start? Would it be with a solicitor? I have no knowledge of this area at all so am totally clueless. Can this be done through free legal aid or would it cost alot? Are there different types of injunctions? Many thanks

If i were to apply for an injunction against someone where would i start? Would it be with a solicitor? I have no knowledge of this area at all so am totally clueless. Can this be done through free legal aid or would it cost alot? Are there different types of injunctions? Many thanks

Injunctions are VERY VERY VERY expensive things! They are Court orders , granted in an emergency to one person , on their evidence solely, against another person, to compel or prevent that someone from doing something. They are not handed out by the Courts lightly - generally , only in a situation where damages would not be an adequate remedy.

Free legal aid ( as I understand it) simply would not have the resources to deal with injunctions.

mf

Very expensive as in thousands of euros? Had a feeling it would be expensive.

Is there any other way of legally protecting myself against someone being released from prison in a few months time?

Without being graphic he is in prison long term because of something he done to me & I really feel I need some sort of protection.

Safety order cant apply to me as i didnt or dont live with him however he is my biological estranged father who is very violent.

If i were to go to a solicitor could he/she advise me on first visit? I heard first visit is normally free.

Having financial difficulties at the moment so cant afford to pay alot only to be told there is nothing i can do.

Thanks

There is help available for victims of crime, you could contact the Crime Victims helpline on 1850 211 407. The following extract is from the Garda Charter for crime victims

"Have you been informed about offender releases?
Where a crime is involved which caused serious trauma to you or your family, An Garda Síochána has agreed with the Irish Prison Service that it will, when requested in writing by you or a member of your family, notify you or the requesting member of your family of the imminent release from custody of the offender. Where necessary, the Gardaí will provide advice on issues of safety and security.

The Irish Prison Services Victim Liaison Officer can be contacted at Irish Prison Service, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22. Telephone 01 4616000 or Fax 01 461 6027 or
email: [email protected]"

Back