Self-Employed duration & mortgage application

sleepyholla

I know that most of the banks state that they require 3 years of self-employed history and accounts to consider a mortgage application, but I was wondering if anyone has experience of this being in any way flexible i.e 2/2.5 years being accepted.

It will be a joint application with my wife who is in full-time permanent employment, however I think we need my salary accepted as it is the larger one. We have 4+ years of consistent savings history and since leaving my permanent job my salary has increased by 50%. Any point applying before I have 3 years completed?

If you go to a bank now, and they turn you down, you'll have a "mortgage refusal" mark against you. This will make future borrowing difficult.

Go thru' a mortgage broker or financial adviser. They'd be able to tell you the likely outcome without the rise of a refusal.

This is no longer correct. The banks are pre-screening most, if not all, of their applications. Its how they are able to pump out the stats like 4 out of 5 applications approved.

I am self employed with a limited company and Ulster Bank wanted two years of accounts before considering me. I dont have that yet, but intend to go back to them when I do.

Back