Typical Passport turn arorund times

bazermc

Hi

Just wondering how other members are getting on with renewing their passports. The passport issue is no longer receiving much media attention, but as I understand it a back log still exists.

The department of foreign affairs state that they can longer guarantee the 10 working days processing and that applications submitted by Passport Express are currently being processed between 15 and 20 days of receipt.

We sent ours in on the on the 21st April and need to fly on the 20th May - exactly 20 working days later. Per the passport tracker our applcation has been received but not checked or approved yet, so am starting to get worried.

Anybody got advice or similar experiences and have got their passport within 20 days?

Thanks

Passport turnaround time

Hi, my brother is now waiting 23 days and online update is saying it has been printed but not posted yet.... He hoping to have it by end this week, travelling the 20th May... Keep an eye on website, the process goes quick once its checked and approved..Good luck.

HI, applied for passport (Dublin) on 1 April and still nothing. Not a word from them. They wont answer phones (it tells you phone back on the loCall number and the landline number is just engaged) - they dont reply to emails on their website.
Went into their offices - after waiting 1.5hrs in the queue I was told to go up to Customer Service which was another 1hrs wait just to be told that I'm looking at 10 weeks.
I am flying out next week and was told AND I QUOTE "I have told many people they wont be flying as they planned and I am telling you the same thing".
Some people were screaming (one guy was flying out tomorrow) and some were crying.
They wont issue emergency passports unless someone is seriously ill. (I asked for emergency). They dont care if you are flying out or not - no emergnecy passports!
I also need my passport for my wedding to apply for marriage certificates by a certain deadline but this didn't concern them at all.... they said 10 WEEKS AT LEAST and pushed me out!

HI, applied for passport (Dublin) on 1 April and still nothing. Not a word from them. They wont answer phones (it tells you phone back on the loCall number and the landline number is just engaged) - they dont reply to emails on their website.
Went into their offices - after waiting 1.5hrs in the queue I was told to go up to Customer Service which was another 1hrs wait just to be told that I'm looking at 10 weeks.
I am flying out next week and was told AND I QUOTE "I have told many people they wont be flying as they planned and I am telling you the same thing".
Some people were screaming (one guy was flying out tomorrow) and some were crying.
They wont issue emergency passports unless someone is seriously ill. (I asked for emergency). They dont care if you are flying out or not - no emergnecy passports!
I also need my passport for my wedding to apply for marriage certificates by a certain deadline but this didn't concern them at all.... they said 10 WEEKS AT LEAST and pushed me out!

Mine was registered on 7th April as Received via passport express. It went from received to printed on Friday 7th May(looks like the online system missed a couple of stages)

Received by express post at home 10/05/10.

Did you go passport express route?

Hi
Posted my son's application on 9th April by passport express. Received on 14 May.
I did send an email but got no response.
I rang last week - there were too many calls ahead of me to put my call on queue. Rang back at 3.30 and was in a queue till 4.10 when somebody took my call and told me that I would receive it by the end of the week.
The status of the application never changed on the website from the received status.

I used passport express and it took 33 days to complete. Like others the status only changed on the day it was actually posted out. Cheque was cashed quickly though.

Time to take out the chains again, me thinks. It apperas that only the squeaking wheel gets the oil.

http://www.independent.ie/and-finally/man-chained-to-passport-office-2110876.html

What are you going to protest about ? That story is 2 months old.

My experience - Passport forms submitted April 18th via passport express. First passport received on May 12th and second passport received on May 14th.

Both work colleagues and relatives have had similar turn around times. Also the status went from registered to processing (or something to this effect) on May 6th.

Back