New business which bank can help

woddle

Hi
I have set up a business which I hope to have up and running within next couple of months. My problem is that I need a little more money 2k.
I have invested 3k of my own money at the moment but a lot of that was from our family savings and I can't keep doing that.
I know very little about bank and how they operate but could I set up a new bank account or use an existing one where they may offer a loan of 2k or an overdraft. I have been the stay at home dad for last number of years so do not have any documentation which shows me having money other than my wife's payslip.
Sorry for my ignorance on the above subject, would really appreciate some help. Thanks

Have you seen if any help from your local county enterprise board, might be start up funding etc..just officially expanded my home based business n in process of applying for 1k grant so very lucky. As you were a stay at home dad, would social welfare offer any scheme etc.

perhaps ur local credit union could help or perhaps get an investor....

good luck with it all...exciting times...

woddle;
Boi in particular are advertising their start up help.
Call to local branch and arrange a meeting with their local helper.
They should ask you about the business and n particular the time frame to making a few £ .
You should find they will (deflate)you a little bit in that new start ups tend to be overly optomistic. If they do that , that is a good thing , in that a 3rd party will test your faith in your business. They may also know the business you are starting is crowded or with luck you have found a sweet niche.

Hope you have found the sweet niche.

ps ;ignore negative people but listen well to free advice.

Have you talked to your local Welfare office on getting a grant? You can get up to €500 from them if starting a new business.

It's a bit of a pain to get though. You have to get 3 quotes and submit them to the Welfare office. They it has to get approved, get regional approval and then get signed off by accounts. It will take about 6 weeks to get it from when the forms are submitted. They pay the supplier by EFT.

Then there is the local partnership organisation who will help you get things up and running, giving you ideas and pointing you in the right direction.

I know I've gone off topic here...

Best of luck with the new business, I hope it is a great success.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Really appreciate the feedback, thanks. I'm going to google all of the above and start making calls. I'm in the middle of my business plan at the moment, taking way longer than I thought.

Back