Flying to Newcastle

P

piggy

Hi,

My auntie wants to fly to Newcastle. Ryanair look like a good deal. Anyone know if they actually fly to the airport or somewhere about 20 mins away. She has to meet someone at the airport. Not a silly question...just don't know!

Ryanair only fly to Teeside (Middlesborough) which is about 30 miles from Newcastle. A taxi costs about 40 sterling from teeside to newcastle. It costs 15/20 sterling from Teeside to Middlesborough train station so a taxi would be just as cheap. Aer lingus are the only shower that fly to Newcastle Afaik.

Thanks Elcato.

Funny though I could've sworn they didn't on their site. Will check it again though. Auntie will be on soon enough looking for her flight :rolleyes

Actually my apoligies. You are correct. There is no mention of it on their flight yet I definately flew with them to there a few years ago. British Airways appear to be the only crowd now. They may have some kind of agreement with AL. Guess Teeside might be your best bet. You can pre-book a cab at the aerport. Just look up the local cabbies in Middlesborough and get a price.

newcastle

I'm living in Dublin and I wanted to fly to Newcastle recently. I found that Ryanair were the only airline flying Dublin-Newcastle but for many reasons I refuse to fly with them.

I discovered that an airline called Flybe fly direct to Newcastle from Belfast City Airport. I checked their website and got a bargain of a fare! €30 return!! I drove up to Belfast (the new motorway to Dundalk is great) and I parked my car in Belfast City Airport using their long term car park.

Using Belfast City Airport is an option worth considering. The airport is small, quiet and hassle free..a real pleasure to use. The flight times were at civilised hours and the flight to Newcastle is only 35 minutes.

I think Easyjet operate flights to Newcastle out of Belfast International Airport too. It might be worth having a look at fares on www.flybe.com and www.easyjet.com for the dates your aunt wants to fly to see if she can get any bargain fares out of Belfast.

Re: newcastle

I flew Dublin-Newcastle with Ryanair about 12 months ago. No problems at all. The airport is served by Newcastle's light rail system, the journey time to the city centre was about 20 mins.

Re: newcastle

Thanks a lot guys. Auntie will be pleased!! What she doesn't know about Ryanair won't (hopefully) hurt her.

Newcastle flights

Hi there,

I flew with Ryanair to Newcastle before Christmas and it was fine. Also, Ryanair do fly now to the international Newcastle Airport in addition to Teeside (which is ages away) since last summer, so its only a 15 minute taxi drive from the centre of the city.

Best of luck,

Re: Newcastle flights

Taxi will cost you about 15 squid from Newcastle airport to city centre (not Teeside). Flew there about 3 weeks ago. Avoid Newcastle Brown Ale in copious amounts, yuk!

Back