Visibility of GoSafe Cameras? Inappropriate Speed limits: How are they set/amended?

In the case that I quoted, there was no men at work signs, and it was on an evening when there was no work going on

There's a 3 mile stretch between Bandon and Innishannon with 55 km road works restrictions part of the way, but they do not have de-restriction after the road works, so you are technically still speeding for the whole 3 miles if you go over 55. This has to be an oversite and could catch you
out.

In the case that I quoted, there was no men at work signs, and it was on an evening when there was no work going on

If the road works ahead sign (commonly called the man-at-work sign) is not present then the signage does not comply with the provisions of chapter 8 of the road traffic signs manual. Any other orange signs or B&W plates have no meaning in the absence of the roadworks ahead sign.

Equally if a regulatory "red circle" sign exists with a speed ending with a 5 (or with out km/h) then it does not comply with the Road Traffic Act road signs manual.

it is important to realise that if you exceed the cautionary limit you cannot be "entrapped" for speeding however if an accident occurs and you were exceeding the cautionary speed then you may deemed to have contributed to the accident.

+ 1

the only thing about those signs which i have seen myself they are not permanant and cant figure out what kind of work is going on there also

Inappropriate speeds shooting fish in a barrel makes a mockery of the system.

Saw a Gardai speed van sitting west bound on the N4 on Sunday.

80 KPH all the way to Leixlip is insane for this road.

OK but how does one go about getting a review of an inappropriate speed limit? or how does one go about objecting to the introduction of a new inappropriate speed limit?

I think the minister is carring out some kind of review does any one know anything about it?

TheAA invite submissions for ‘Ireland's craziest speed limit’.

From their blog: [broken link removed]
Keep them coming in to [email protected]. Photos are helpful but just send in the details in plain text if that is easier.

It seems the NRA are responsible for speedlimits on the Primary and Secondary roads and the local councils are responsible for the rest.

Back