Can you recommend a new car with a big boot

M

monitor1

Can anyone recommend a new car with a big boot please? I just want something with loads of space in the boot so that stuff can be locked away out of view. I also want it to be comfortable for 2 or 3 children. I don't care if it's a hatchback/saloon/estate, etc. I am not really into cars and just want the boot space. My price range is 30K maximum.

Skoda Octavia Saloon or Combi 1.6 Diesel.

Skoda Superb 1.6 / 1.9 Diesel with the TwinDoor facility copied shamelessly by BMW.

Puegot 3008 looks really nice and it won European Car of the Year 2010 and irish Car of the Year 2010.

Citroen C4 Picasso - and yes you can get 2 kids in the boot (nice peaceful trips :) )

Thanks everyone. I'll check all these online and then hopefully narrow it down for some viewings. I might buy the one that has a boot that fits husband and children!

What about a Hilux Crewcab with a hard cover on the back.

Massive boot. Room for the kids to.

The Mercedes B class has a savage boot - over 500 litres - compare to say the Golf at under 400.
There is plenty of room in the back also.

The Jetta has a huge boot also but a bit less space in the back seats.

i bought a new passat massive boot space in it, its a new 1.6 diesel engine 24.500 basic model, i ave 3 kids one child seat 2 boosters and lots of room

I drive the BMW X3. I think it's got everything compared to others. It's spacious for me and my kids. The engine, comfort is up to the mark.

I always think of those small 4X4’s (or imitation 4X4’s) as pointless. It’s not as big as a large saloon car and doesn’t have the off-road capabilities of a large 4X4.

Personally I’d go for a new Mondeo or a 2 year old BMW 520 diesel. I’m in the market for the same sort of car and I have the same sort of budget and they are the cars I am looking at. The BMW is a slightly nicer car to drive but the Mondeo has a lower cost of ownership (servicing, parts etc are much cheaper than any of the German or French cars) and it’s huge; bigger than the old Granada/Scorpio. The Mazda 6 was the next choice. VW and Skoda are not nearly as good a drive as Ford and, as with French cars, the cost of parts is very high.
Nissan have gone to the dogs since the French bought them and I find Toyota boring to look at, sit in, and drive.

Back