One radiator not heating at all - Pressure 0.5 bars

kenken

Hi,

I had a new GFSH installed just under a year ago (new boiler, rads, new pipes - everything replaced). I've only started using the heating again with the weather getting a bit colder and I've noticed that one of the rads isn't heating at all. All the other rads are heating fine but there is no heat in the pipes at either end on this particular rad even though the thermostat is turned up to 5.

I also had 2 small leaks repaired two months ago (pipes screwed into when putting boards back down, not by me!). The pressure gauge in the boiler is also reading 0.5 which looks to be very low.

Would anyone know if the problem might have been caused by the repair of the leaks or if the pressure is more likely to be the problem? (Would an annual service sort this out?)

Any ideas let me know. Thanks

Most boilers fail to start if they drop under 0.2 bar. To refill to 1 bar, look under boiler and find a slivery fexlible hose. It may look like a loop. on this pipe they could be two small valves with balck handles (or maybe just one) turn this handle and you should hear water rush into system. Keep an eye on the clock and turn of valve when needle gets to 1 bar.

With the radiator, vent it (unlikely)if air comes out besure and top up water in boiler to 1 bar.
more likely to be a shut off lock shield valve,. Make sure both sides of radiator is open (turn the same way as if opening a tap, Rightly tighty, lefty loosey) . If you are sure lock shield is open, remove the head of the TRV (thermostatic rad valve) you should be albe to do this by hand. When it is off you will see a metal pin, gently give it a little pull. Sometimes these stick.

Back