Notice to tenant of clamping from management company

Bree Narran

There are a handful of properties in our complex where the landlords do not respond to communcation from the managment company.

Their tenants are integrated well into the estate and as the managment company are introducing clamping shortly we clearly must let these tenants know and give them the option to vacate if they wish.

My question is how much notice should they be given?. I am trying to put myself in their position.

What has the clamping issue got to do with the tenants? Whyexactly are you going to go about clamping cars for?

I heard on the news there are new laws about clamping in private property.

Bronte i didn't hear sbout the new legislation for private property but will
Check it out. I think in the uk it is illegal to clamp in privste estate slright.

Some residents return from work of an evening and have no where to park. Not enough spaces .. we are sending notice but some landlords hsve no forwsrding

address. The tenants live there like anyone else so think they should be warned clamping is coming in so they inform either landlord or estate sgent.

a handful of properties in our complex where the landlords do not respond to communcation from the managment company.

How do they receive their annual management fee invoice or pay up if they have no forwarding addresses or don't respond?

No. All to do with parking.
As i said above people come home with no bay left whilst others have visitors parking.

There hsve also been 2 crashes and people getting blocked in.

How big is the complex? Is it practical to post a flyer in through all the doors giving notice that clamping is going to be implemented?

I think trying to inform all residents by flyer, etc could lead to bigger problems with people claiming they didn't receive proper notification. I would stick to putting up a large sign at the entrance.

Some people will still not "see" it. I had a case years ago in a complex I managed - a guy who was renting a space hadn't paid his rent and I couldn't contact him by phone. I put a note on his windshield 3 times asking him to call me, giving my number, etc, all ignored and next week he's on the phone ranting about how dare I have him clamped without even warning him!

Yes I agree with you upon reflection.. notices could cause havoc.
We have now written to all owners /landlords in the complex and
will opt for a sign at entrance.

Back