Help needed - suggestions in England - Cotswolds or Cheshire

The Pool Boy

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Cotswolds or Cheshire to stay for a break in August.

Looking for somewhere typically English - town or village with plenty to do for kids, ideally with cycle paths/old country houses for outdoor activities.

Hard to book anywhere when you don't know lay of the land.

Have a look at Cheadle-Hume in Cheshire. I stayed there many moons ago and have fond memories of it and the surrounding farmlands and countryside. The nearest airport is Manchester if you fly in so car-hire etc will not be a problem and the airport is well-served from Ireland.

Have a look at Cheadle-Hume in Cheshire. I stayed there many moons ago and have fond memories of it and the surrounding farmlands and countryside. The nearest airport is Manchester if you fly in so car-hire etc will not be a problem and the airport is well-served from Ireland.

Must be a different Cheadle Hulme to the one my Mam lives in!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

We'll be taking the car and I'm looking to rent a house for a week mid August. Ideally want a chocolate box town with stuff nearby to entertain the kids.

Wrexham (on the Cheshire border) but in Way-als, is quite a nice town, as is Chester itself. Dont think you could go too far wrong in that general area.

Back