funny irish films

casiopea

Hi Guys,
I watched the guard last night on film 4. What a funny film, it really cheered me up. Just wondering if anyone has other recommendations of irish funny films.

The other one I know is "Inside I'm Dancing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417791/?ref_=nv_sr_1 Ill rewatch that at the weekend.

Any other recommendations - not "the commitments" :)

I remember watching 'In Bruges' and laughing my head off. Not an Irish film, per se, but some Irish actors, written by someone with an Irish background.

Intermission and I Went Down had their moments, but not at the same level as The Guard. I enjoyed Adam & Paul, but it's not a funny film.

Loved The Guard too and In Bruges. Calvary is supposed to be the follow up to the Guard but I haven't seen it yet.

Seven Psychopaths has the same dark humour, enjoyed that too.

For a feel good film- have you seen The Blind Side, with Sandra Bullock, based on a true story- nice film.

Have a couple of films on my 'to watch list' for holidays coming up shortly- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Death at a Funeral and I love you Philip Morris- if anyone has already seen them, let me know what you thought please.

Oh sorry, just see now that you wanted irish films- well Seven Psychopaths has Colin Farrell in it, does that count? : )

If 7 Psychopats counts well so does ... The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I thought this was really good.

Irish actress. Saoirse Ronan.

The Guard was hilarious.

Marion

Intermission - Colin Farrell & Colm meaney at their best.

It's excellent, Deirdre O'Kane is great as the spurned wife, dealing with the snotty Dunnes assistant. Farrell doesn't do much in it though.

I Went Down is classy, with a serious storyline underneath the comedy.

It's excellent, Deirdre O'Kane is great as the spurned wife, dealing with the snotty Dunnes assistant. Farrell doesn't do much in it though.

I Went Down is classy, with a serious storyline underneath the comedy.

Farrell doesn't do much?! What about that opening scene!

Yeah, a great scene, but that's pretty much it, isn't it?

Haven't seen it in years, and I'm not a film critic but I just remember I really enjoyed his performance. Particularly the chemistry in the few scenes he shared with Meaney, and the opening scene, oh and the one with the chef brown sauce (I can confirm from experience it is NOT delish!).

I could disagree with you and say Deirdre O'Kane annoyed me in it. It's all subjective.

That's my opinion. You're welcome to yours.

As they say in the states... ;)

Strange film and lots of gay sex (with men, good looking women would have been fine). Not my cup of tea.

Thanks, that pretty much rules it out, there is only so much gay sex Mr. V is willing to watch ( ie none).

If 7 Psychopats counts well so does ... The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I thought this was really good.

Irish actress. Saoirse Ronan.

The Guard was hilarious.

Marion

Oh brilliant, that's on my watch list now, thanks.

Thanks, that pretty much rules it out, there is only so much gay sex Mr. V is willing to watch ( ie none).
I'm kind of with him there. I'm all for it if that's what you're in to but it's not for me. Lesbian sex, that's quite another matter altogether so it is!

Back