Any free software available for calculating PAYE/PRSI/USC for employee.

mikeyclare

Hi

Is there any free software out there that would calculate what PAYE/PRSI and universal social charge I need to pay over?

I only have a casual employee who works one day a week and is in university so would not imagine anything is due but not sure??

Thanks

You would still legally have to give them payslips, and provide a P60/P45. I'm not sure if the two free examples above would allow payslips to be printed for each pay period. I suppose you could copy the information into Excel.

If you can not find a truely free product (that you do not have to buy payslips or support for, or that is overly difficult to use), then you could consider www.payback.ie. This is €130+VAT. This isn't free, but at least you know you won't have any hidden costs.

I am affiliated with Payback.

I'm the author of the Excel spreadsheet and would second umop3p!sdn in suggesting that you should use 'official' software for the purpose of calculating something as fundamental as a pay amount. The consequences of errors in this field can be pretty serious to deal with!

While I am happy with the information the spreadsheet gives (it tends to accurately reflect the pay calculations of those whom I have tested it against), I do not offer any warranty that the spreadsheet always accounts correctly for every conceivable pay related income or deduction- it's not designed as a 'warranted product'. Also, it doesn't produce payslips/ P35's etc

Back