Very Small Mortgage required by non-resident. What bank might assist?

Artois

Are any of the Irish banks prepared to lend money to a non resident Irish national?

The mortgage is required to purchase a house in Ireland and the borrower would be putting up 70% of the capital required to purchase the property. The borrower has been and continues to earn a substantial salary abroad.

Very difficult to progress such an application. Substantial salary would need to be from a multinational or other fully dependent source. It wouldn't be a mortgage as the house could not be regarded as a PPR. KBC might be worth trying.

Thanks 44Brendan,
KBC refused the application straight away on the basis that they do not deal with non residents

I'm in a similar position (based abroad, substantial salary, looking for a small mortgage, have a large deposit - and an existing Irish property in negative equity). KBC didn't have a problem making me a mortgage offer on the basis that I lived abroad (although I didn't go with them in the end as they said they wouldn't lend against a 1-bed flat). AIB provided a suitable mortgage offer which I am close to drawing down. Had to jump through quite a few hoops to get to this stage though and the interest rate isn't great!

Back