'Official Transcript' of a uni course - what is it?

sadie

What is an 'official transcript' of a university course that you have done? Do you just ask the college to provide this? It's not just a copy of your actual degree, so I'm not sure what it is.

No - its not just a copy of your actual degree, and yes it is something the university can provide.

It should outine the courses taken, depth of knowledge, what level you would be able to perform at having taken those courses. As you say, NOT the marks you achieved.

from one of the NUI colleges where i worked a transcript had the following details:

name
address
date of birth

name of your degree
breakdown by subject of the results

eg Geography - Physical 85%
Sociology - Tourism 73%

If you ring the records office in your university they should be able to post one out. or if you call in with photo id or an old student card they should be able to hand it over to you. if you have changed your address you will need to notify them in writing as the records can only be sent to the address they have to ensure confidentiality. .....just telling you this in case you are need quickly.

Yep a transcript is record of the results that you got for each subject.

You could ask for a diploma supplement. Its the european standard for this type of information. More info here: [broken link removed]

There's also a fee charged for getting an official transcript - you get a couple of transcripts for the fee that is charged.

There's also a fee charged for getting an official transcript - you get a couple of transcripts for the fee that is charged.

I never got charged for getting a transcript. Got 4 this year from 2 different college's and neither charged. TG:)

I never got charged for getting a transcript. Got 4 this year from 2 different college's and neither charged. TG:)

You were luckly, I was charged for getting transcripts in one NUI university - and again was charged for another in UK.

I got transcripts only a couple of weeks ago from Maynooth and no charge. They also put the official stamp on the transcripts to authenticate them.

Back