An accredited B.Sc. degree with no tuition fees

confide

Has anyone here studied with University of the People (UoPeople)?

Seems like a great idea - study online with students from around the world, with lecturers from top institutions.

It's a non-profit, designed to give everyone access to third-level education, so you pay no tuition fees.

There are courses in Computer Science and Business Administration.

Given that they only accept students from four states of the union, I doubt you will get much feedback...

Given that they only accept students from four states of the union, I doubt you will get much feedback...

"General Requirements
At this time, due to US regulatory requirements, University of the People is unable to accept applications for admission from applicants residing in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, and Wyoming."
?

I stand corrected, although it is a bit strange that the exclude these states, wonder why...

I stand corrected, although it is a bit strange that the exclude these states, wonder why...

The peculiarities of state laws, maybe? Maybe those states have backward restrictions on non-traditional learning methods, like online education. Who knows.

The university is nationally accredited in the US, I think that matters more.

The university is nationally accredited in the US, I think that matters more.

In the absence of knowing exactly who is doing the National Accreditation, I would caution re it mattering more.
Its a mine field.
I am not in any way knocking this Uni, one just needs to know who is doing the accreditation.

Jim2007, easy to misread it, even if you went to specsavers.... :) Keep well

Back