Recharging Battery and Central Locking Alarm

IrishGunner

Ok not to au fait with cars and batteries so thought I would check here

I have a Golf 08 Gt and recently the battery keeps going dead whenever I don’t use it often. Got it checked out and battery seems fine but don’t use car regularly enough to charge it up. Took the battery out last night and put it on charge in the garage. The car alarm is linked to it so it won’t work. My question is this when the battery is fully charged and I put it back into Engine would the Alarm(central locking) have to be reset or be affected in any way? I know all the clocks radio is affected but not sure about Alarm

Thanks

Alarm should be fine, it'll just reset itself on power up.

The battery might be coming to the end of it's useful life. See [broken link removed] for how to test it, especially the high load and bounce-back tests.

Replace the battery. Its now 6yrs old. Max you'll get out of a modern battery is four yrs. Its not good for the multiplex system having a bad battery.

I have the original battery in a 10-year old Skoda 1.9 tdi. Fires first time every time; air-con, lights, window heaters, interior lights, left on when starting never caused it to drain. Even phones left on charge overnight, cargo-space light, one-sided parking lights left on haven't ever caused a hiccough.

Replace the battery. Its now 6yrs old. Max you'll get out of a modern battery is four yrs. Its not good for the multiplex system having a bad battery.

The likes of Yuasa offer 5 year warranties on their batteries.

Back