Settlement offer to bank

time2

We made a settlement offer to bank regarding a judgement debt back in February.
They have not accepted or declined this offer yet and my question is how long is the normal waiting time?
Has anyone been left waiting so long.?
Everytime I contact them I am told it is in due process ,,there is a backlog of cases etc etc. Running out of patience , we made the offer ourselves and did not involve solicitor.

OK. Who is the bank?
It could take a while, but it seems that this is taking longer than usual. However the bank have a judgment, so they are in no panic

Has the bank acknowled in writing your offer? I expect they will come back with a counter offer, are you prepared for that, as in, did you build it into your offer price?

Is this money coming from family?

No the bank has not acknowledged the offer by writing. Money is coming from family member. The offer was a once off payment offer made initially by phone and then put in writing to them. All communication from them is via phone calls

They should have acknowleded your letter in writing, when was it posted?

You're going to have to be tough with your offer. Around what percentage is it of the debt? What bank ?

Are you all clear with the family member on how this is to be repaid, or is it a gift.

Back