Refund on item bought on Credit Card

dewdrop

I got a christmas gift from a friend with receipt. I did not want the item and when i sought a refund from the store it was pointed out that it was purchased by way of a credit card and the refund would have to be made to the purchaser who would have to present the card to have the refund credited thereto. Is there anyway round this as i do not want to trouble the person who gave the gift. I can well understand the situation and is this a reminder that when buying a gift it should be by way of cash so as the receiptent can get a refund if desired?

Would you be willing to spend the value in the store on another article ? I know it doesn't answer your question but it's a bit cheeky to seek a refund for a present rather than changing it for something else.

its either a refund to the credit card or you could ask them for a credit note, but you are entitled to nothing.

it should not matter which credit card is used for the refund ,just once it balances for the shop so bought with and refunded to a credit card ..so you could use your own for the refund

it should not matter which credit card is used for the refund ,just once it balances for the shop so bought with and refunded to a credit card ..so you could use your own for the refund

Anytime I've ever gotten a refund to my credit card, they have usually crosschecked the card number to ensure it matched the orginal reciept.

Of course it matters and the card schemes insist on it. Otherwise people would buy with Card A get a refund on Card B and then do a chargeback and get their money back on Card A.

Keep the gift and re-use it next time its suitable as gift (just remember not to gift that item back to the original owner). Failing that sell on adverts.ie and the likes.

Back