Dundrum Town Centre: Staff car parking charges.

Gypsy girl

Hi All,

Can any of AAM members tell me if staff working at the Dundrum Shopping Centre get a discount or special rate towards car parking charges?

I have been offered a position which entails me working at the centre and car parking costs could be the deciding factor.

I don't know, but as no one has replied I'm going to speculate that the payment of the charges is a private matter between the employer and employee rather than a perk available automatically to all employees.

Have you asked the employer in question what their policy is? You could also ring the Centre on 298-4123 and someone may be able to tell you.

I don't think I have ever seen a retail outlet providing parking for staff, where everyone else has to pay.

Many car parks offer a weekly ticket or a monthly ticket for parking which could significantly reduce your costs. Worth picking up the phone and asking someone at the Dundrum shopping centre who can fill you in.

my sister works in dundrum and they get no discount..there is apparently about 2 allocated free spaces per shop but as u no doubt probably know management are likely to get it .... she parks in a housing estate bout 5 mins walk away for free

CCOVICH. I asked if there was a discount or special rate for staff parking at the centre, i did'nt ask if there was FREE parking for staff!

Thanks all for your replies.

I don't have any insider knowledge to this but just adding my 2c's.

The (relative) shortage of spaces in the centre would lead me to speculate that employees would be actively discouraged from parking in the centre. Any time that I have passed the centre during peak times (late night shopping/weekends) the car park info thing is showing almost 100% occupancy.

AFAIK the estates in the immediate vicinity are introducing pay n' display parking to stop free parkers. If I were in this situation I would find the nearest LUAS station with the best free parking and leave my car there, (Kilmacud Station would be a good bet, 1 stop from Balally/Shopping Centre)

Back