Power shower or electric shower

nbc

I have a rented property.The old mixer shower isnt working well in ensuite. Poor hot water pressure. I am going to install a shower. I wonder should I install a power shower. I'm thinking in the future it may be a small factor like a really god powerful shower that will attract tenants. However I'm wondering are their enough disadvantages(if any) not to get one. In particular I'm concerned re pump breakdown and using all water in cylinder?
A couple of plumbers have suggested a triton 90 xr. Is this a good compromise. If I were going for a regular electric shower I was thinking of mira elite as I have that in my own house and it appears reliable.
I have been quoted E700 supply and fit. Is this reasonable? Currently not wired for shower.
Cheers. nbc

I went with the Triton, works well. Suppose a lot depends on the water pressure in the area.

Power shower is good, of course, but I reckon tenants would prefer a decent electric shower to be honest. No issues with heating water either.

As for price, for shower itself, plumber and electrician (including isolation switch) I think it all cost around 600 (last October).

Thanks for your reply. Were you happy with your plumber? Would he be interested in doing my shower I wonder?
niall

Forget about your power shower attracting tenants, unless you're going to let everyone strip off and test it out at the viewing. :-O

if you have used a power shower anytking else is an anticlimax

why don't you go go for a pumped electric shower, better than a plain electric shower and has a good kick to them aswell...we have this installed as a back up :[broken link removed]
Power showers are the way to go for the best shower experience but they also empty the tank quickly aswell so if you have a few tenents who all want a shower in the morning then i would stick with the T90xr

Does anyone have info on the expense of running a power shower compared to an electric one?

a power shower would consume less electricty but you would need to have hot water 1st do you have solar panels?

If you are letting to a bunch of single people who don't eat together they may prefer the practicality of an electric shower. If it's a small group, say two or three, or a family, they may be more interested in the comfort of a power shower. I have the triton t90 and I don't see what's so great about it, not awful would best describe it.

why don't you go go for a pumped electric shower, better than a plain electric shower and has a good kick to them aswell...we have this installed as a back up :[broken link removed]
Power showers are the way to go for the best shower experience but they also empty the tank quickly aswell so if you have a few tenents who all want a shower in the morning then i would stick with the T90xr

How much did it cost you ?

Does anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get one in Dublin ? Or perhaps theres a place in Newry which sells them ?

Back