Kitchen World Guarantee against deposits

tosullivan

I was speaking to a friend of mine who works in D&T and he said that even though KW are in examinership and are promising a guarantee against all deposits, that it is not necessarily so.....

I found an article that is saying the deposits are guaranteed and it also is stated on their site
[broken link removed]

"Customers of Kitchen World who planned placing deposits on new kitchen and wardrobes would have reassuring guarantees under an examinership, the companies' lawyer said."

What do people think about this?

as far as i know any business done by a company in administration that business is guaranteed as long as it is undertaken after the administrator is appointed

Hi your money may or may not be safe, but Kitchen Worlds business model is that you buy the kitchen or wardrobe from them, pay in full and then pay a fitter, who works independantly from KW, to fit it for you. If kitchen World does eventually close, you'll end up with NO GAURANTEE for either materials or workmanship as the fitter wont be able to source any similar materials.

Dealt with this company last yr... had a nightmare from beginning to end.
Ended up with a nice kitchen but I know if I ever have a prob its a total waste of time going back to them, they send wrong items for Utility 4 times. Fitters told me they have constant nightmare dealing with them but needs must. I wouldnt be paying anything up front with these guys in current climate.

Dealt with this company last yr... had a nightmare from beginning to end.
Ended up with a nice kitchen but I know if I ever have a prob its a total waste of time going back to them, they send wrong items for Utility 4 times. Fitters told me they have constant nightmare dealing with them but needs must. I wouldnt be paying anything up front with these guys in current climate.

What tester said!
I wouldnt pay ANY company up front - never mind one already knocking on the door to going bust!!
Let the buyer beware !! - Forewarned is forearmed. Any more cliches i can use?? ;)

I'm taking delivery of a Kitchen from Kitchen World on the 5th of February .I was very worried about my money .I was offered a fully refund & a COD option . I will keep you posted to how it goes

Regards, Dee

The experience was excellent from start to finsih . I would highly recommend you use one of the fitters they recommend . This way you get the assurance it will all fit into place ..

I would highly recommend giving them a chance to quote you . I

Regards , Dee

Back