Don't bother trying to pay your household charge yet - the site isn't work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just made 3 attempts, but got stuck at the final fence each time, Captcha very difficult. An issue it said, unable to register my account. How do you do a fada, a letter A with a dash on top, think this could be the cause of my issue. So I didn't get to pay my dues yet.

I heard on Rte radio this morning that you can call into the local authority offices and pay there . I might do it that way .

Three choices:

Online = 100 euro

By post using cheque = 100 euro

In person = 110 euro

They don't want queues of people in every town hall, so 10 extra charge.

Captcha very difficult, have to agree, took maybe 12 attempts to get one I could read.

but once that was passed it was ok to pay by laser.

Well I am fully registered and paid up. Now, it's time to HAMMER my local council offices for EVERY thing that I find wrong in my town.

Well I am fully registered and paid up. Now, it's time to HAMMER my local council offices for EVERY thing that I find wrong in my town.
Good luck with that - they don't give a monkeys. I'm still waiting for answers to questions put to my local planning office back in April. I followed up again in November - and I'm still waiting.

First two attempts just got to email. 4:00pm
Third attempt got to address (kicked out) 5:00pm
Fourth attmept just got to email.6:00pm
Fifth attempt got to complete transaction (7:30pm) but:

The payment was successful but there was a technical problem communicating with the Household Charge system.

Please contact the support team on 1890357357 with the payment code to get the status of the payment updated.
. But the call centre only operates 9-5 monday to friday. The should state the opening hours on the page.

The captcha was very weird it contained the pipe symbol "¦" I havent seen one of those since I wrote MS DOS scripts back in the late 80's! and a "3" where you would expect an "E"!

Three choices:

Online = 100 euro

By post using cheque = 100 euro

In person = 110 euro

They don't want queues of people in every town hall, so 10 extra charge.
An extra 10 euros for people without a pc or cheque book then. Thats a nice rounded off figure of 10 euros, could it not be 9.99.

Registered and paid though as with others the captcha nearly defeated me and I wasn't happy about the mandatory mobile number.

Mandatory mobile phone number??? Don't see why they would need this! Just more data collection!
They can contact me by post considering they have my address :rolleyes:

Lads

I gave great advice in the heading "Don't bother trying to pay yet"

It looks as if you all want a technological challenge?

As far as I am concerned, I can wait until they get it working properly.

I got through the first stage, but if they are double charging people, it will be very difficult to get the money back. So I am not paying, yet.

Brendan

Lads

I gave great advice in the heading "Don't bother trying to pay yet"

As far as I am concerned, I can wait until they get it working properly.

I got through the first stage, but if they are double charging people, it will be very difficult to get the money back. So I am not paying, yet.

Brendan

Had already done it by the time you put this up :)

As a rather ignorant computer user i eventually got the payment made. My initial problems were that I did not read the screen carefully.

Cannot see what the rush to pay this is for, sad to see people wanting to hand over money in any form to this government.
It is only playing into their hands to see how glad homeowners are to pay up a 100€ tax so quickly. Would there be a rush to pay if it were 500€ as it may well be in a short while? Paying this so quickly will only serve to have the charge increased year on year.

Lads, "Don't bother trying to pay yet"

Brendan

Yes, I must admit I was up for the technological challenge.

How will the system cope with an expected surge on the last few days of March?

I heard the LG Services today on MI.

He didnt deal with the weird/difficult captchas or the fact that the call centre only operates 9-5 M-F and that this fact does not appear in the website beside the call centre number.

I signed up and paid on Tuesday. No problems with any of it other than reading the first Captcha they offered me so I pressed the little button below it and they offered me one I could read.

Cannot see what the rush to pay this is for, sad to see people wanting to hand over money in any form to this government.
It is only playing into their hands to see how glad homeowners are to pay up a 100€ tax so quickly. Would there be a rush to pay if it were 500€ as it may well be in a short while? Paying this so quickly will only serve to have the charge increased year on year.

There is no logic to that statement at all. By that reasoning no-one would ever pay any bill / tax on time, to forestall price / tax increases...

I actually agree with you about not seeing what people's hurry to pay is, as I'd prefer to hang onto my €100 as long as possible (unless I expected rampant inflation!).

It is only playing into their hands to see how glad homeowners are to pay up a 100€ tax so quickly. .

Hi Fiskar

No one likes taxes of any type, but most of us realise that they are necessary.

A property tax is a great idea and it is important to show that the vast majority understand this and support it.

Brendan

Hi Fiskar

No one likes taxes of any type, but most of us realise that they are necessary.

A property tax is a great idea and it is important to show that the vast majority understand this and support it.

Brendan

The vast majority understand and support the tax? Do they? Do you have a source to back that up?
AAM seems to be the only forum I've read where people are so eager to hand over their hard earned money.

There are multiple reasons why people are not supporting this tax.

Absolutely - it is - provided that the capital raised converts into tangible public services. Other states do this effectively. However, we (IRL) seem to have a problem when it comes to 'value for money'....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back