Palmela Village, Portugal near Lisbon: cheaper than the Algarve, agent is Larionovo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVA

Does anyone have any thoughts on this development? It's near Lisbon, much cheaper than the Algarve(and much nicer IMO). The agent is Larionovo - has anyone dealt with them? Comments?

Re: Palmela village Portugal

Don't no the area, but bought a property from Larionovo in Dubai last October. Found them very good to deal with, no problems & straight talking.

am also interested in this development.. got a great write up in last sunday's independent who called it a "no brainer"......??? is it?

legend said:
am also interested in this development.. got a great write up in last sunday's independent who called it a "no brainer"......??? is it?

Any article in the property sections of Irish newspaper's which describe a property investment as a "no brainer" should be disregarded. The descriptions are coming straight from the developer's who are purchasing ad space in the newsapers.

thanks donking....never purchased abroad before but am thinkin about it, so i'm a novice!!!! any recommendations??

I saw an add for this development in last Sundays SBP and had a look on the Larionovo web site but to be honest Im not sure about it. Its so far inland I just wonder about its rental potential - as far as I remember its 24km from the beach. Do you have an idea if there is solid demand for Golfing accomodation in Portugal?

try booking a flight to lisbon!! seems to be expensive and no low cost carriers seem to be flying into city but could work out expensive if intention is to use personally.i was in albuferia, algarve a couple of months ago and 1 bedroom properties aroud 125000 so not as attractive as larionovo's literature seems to suggest . weather also not as good as algarve.

limerickmick said:
try booking a flight to lisbon!! seems to be expensive and no low cost carriers seem to be flying into city but could work out expensive if intention is to use personally.i was in albuferia, algarve a couple of months ago and 1 bedroom properties aroud 125000 so not as attractive as larionovo's literature seems to suggest . weather also not as good as algarve.

True.

As a golfer however I have to say the golf courses in the Lisbon region make the Algarve look like 'non-league'.
On avergae the course are twice as good, but at half the price, simply no comparison.

On the golfing map, it's relatively unknown.... that will change.

P.S Know nothing about the development you talk about, but know the area.

The area is really nice, much less developed than the Algarve, but to a certain extent, its just a matter of time. I love the close proximity to Lisbon and Cascais. The area and people are alot different that those of the Algarve, so you really would need to visit to experience the difference. I went to the launch of Pamela Beach at the Westin as I suppose it just comes down to personnel choice. Honestly I did'nt really like it, simply too big.
Good luck

legend said:
thanks donking....never purchased abroad before but am thinkin about it, so i'm a novice!!!! any recommendations??

Well I'd definitly recommend that you visit the country you intend to purchase property in. You really have to do your own research. Perhaps you can find some local estate agents and property managers on the internet and call in to them when you travel. Information you get from one agent could be bounced of another for verification. You should try to contact a soliciitor independant of the agent or seller.

Treat EVERYTHING agents tell you with caution. I think if you buy off an Irish agent or a foreign agent selling in Ireland then you will most likely be buying at a premium ie the "Paddy Price". Try to get local prices for property.

Rent returns tend to be exaggerated. Most guaranteed rent returns have been added onto the purchase price ie paid for by you upfront and then you lose some of it as it becomes taxable rent income.

You need to make sure that you understand the tax situation in the foreign country and in Ireland.

I personally think if you are buying in a City which you are not too familiar with, then you should stick with the more established developed areas city centre areas rather than outline suburban areas. If you buy an apartment in the centre of a city I think you should always be able to rent it.

I bought property in Budapest in 2004 in District 6 which is a central developed area.

I just noticed the "sticky" thread started by Almo. There is some excellant advice on that. You should have a read of it.

I was very tempted when I first saw the blurb for these apts. I love that area of Portugal. Lisbon is a fabulous city, which I did not realise till I visited it almost by accident. Caiscais, Sintra etc are beautiful places and far more high class (ie. the REAL Portugal )& some of the most exclusive golf courses are round there also. I would love to be able to afford to buy here just for my own pleasure.

Having said all that I think the development itself is not at all appealing. But perhaps it's an area to look out for.

Anybody any opinions on the eastern algarve - monte gordo,ville real de san antonio , tavira.
Anybody that has bought property in portugal what fees are there
to be paid, is there any kind of annual property tax ?
Know someone looking at a private sale , what should he watch
out for.

Re: Palmela village Portugal Finbar

Finbar you asked some questions on the eastern algarve - monte gordo,ville real de san antonio , tavira. Have you found out any further information? I am strongly thinking about buying here and the further east the better. This is an area that I have visited and fell in love with.
I see you haven't posted on this subject over the summer and so I presume you have been enjoying the Souther European Weather that we experienced:cool:.
I would appreciate exchanging notes with you etc. Regards pity-to-wast

Saw this place advertised again in the indo - apparently there are 40 units left. Has anyone purchased one - would be interested to hear any feedback.

I've looked into this developement in some detail, the main
problem I'd see is the 'guaranteed rental' scheme, because most of
these scheme looks like the 5% is added onto the purchase price
so in effect you are paying the rent yourself.
The other thing that would cause some concern is what happens after
the initial 3 years? you are still tied in with the developer and you
must renew the lease with him wheather you are happy with their
performance or not so I'd look for a get-out clause in the contract.
The developement will be very large, and will not be complete with
Golf course, hotel etc for at least 5/6 years so I'd be concerned about
resale.
Having said all that I have spoken you one owner of a villa (big bucks)
who has moved in and is delighted and reckons the complex will be
fabulous when complete

I know this is a slightly old thread but it's now relevant again as Larionovo are again pushing the latest release of this quite a lot. Their official launch is this weekend. I'm thnking of calling in to them as will be in Dublin anyway.
Anyone got any more up to date thoughts on this development. Is the Blue Coast really as underpriced in comparison to the Algarve as Larionovo claim?
I would intend to travel over to visit the location before I'd buy but looking for some insight from anyone 'in the know'.

On a separate strand of the same issue, I'm a bit of a novice in property investment. have one in Ireland and am trying to take the big leap of going abroad for the next one.
I'm finding my lack of knowledge and contacts in whatever country I look at is putting me off. The golden rule seems to be to have good independent legal and tax advice but how do you actually go about getting these?
I find myself resorting to googling for a list of advisors in the countries in question and then sounding them out about their services and price structures. All I have to go on is what they tell me - which is obviously going to be 'sales talk'. Is there some other approach that the expert investor takes when entering a new market where they have no contacts? How do you get to know that someone is reliable if you don't have any word of mouth to go on?

Make sure you do legal checks on this development in detail, just as you should with any development you invest in.

There have been many articles in newspapers and on the tv in Portugal about court cases brought against the developer for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back