Irish TV and Radio News covering Anglo trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewdrop

Am i alone in dreading the prospect of having to listen/watch over the next several months details of the current high profile case before the Courts?

I think it could be a cracker, judging by the opening episode. Apparently the guys are coming out with their hands up, "yep, did that milord", but their defence is that they had the full sanction of the Irish and British regulators.

I am planning to go down and have a look myself, but I doubt if watching it on a big screen will be as good as being present in the court.

There will be great drama over the three months, but I would imagine that most of it will be repetitive and boring.

Brendan

If you think the media coverage will be bad, imagine having to be a juror on this case. My God, they deserve to be sent on an all expenses trip somewhere nice after this. The thing I found interesting is that wouldn't let anyone from a financial services background act as jurors. There are plenty of people who didn't work for Irish Banks who would have a better idea as to what is going on rather than asking 15 poor people with no financial background to get their heads around CFD'S etc.

Why are there so many from the media there if they are confined to reporting only what is said in court. Surely one or two would suffice and their reports could be farmed out.

Folks

I have had to delete two posts which crossed the line.

I don't have time to review these long threads and make a judgement on what is ok, and what is not. I don't have a solicitor on hand reviewing what is written and said.

So no more discussion of the trial.

If you want to discuss CFDs or other issues, please do so in a separate thread without referring to this trial.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back