€78 for 1.25t skip bag collection

LM26

Hi, I got a quote for €78 to collect a 1.25 tonne skip bag in North Dublin. Has anyone gotten a better deal than that recently? Thanks!

Hi, I got a quote for €78 to collect a 1.25 tonne skip bag in North Dublin. Has anyone gotten a better deal than that recently? Thanks!

What are you getting rid of?

If you are in a position to have a large estate car,a small van or a jeep or can borrow one,then go to one of the Dublin City Council recycling centres and you can get rid of just about anything for a fee of 15 euro (car) and 20 euro (small van or jeep).

The DCC recycling centre at Shamrock Terrace will take household waste,green waste,bulky waste and building rubble.

http://dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Documents/North%20Strand%20information%20leaflet%20(PDF).pdf

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-...ent-waste-and-recycling/find-recycling-centre

JohnJay, thanks a mil for that. Unfortunately when I went to book the price went from €59 to €79 so that offer may be over, I have emailed them.

Flowerman, thanks for your suggestion, definitely just want this collected but if I'm getting rid of stuff again I will definitely rethink as going to recycling centres sounds brilliant value.

JohnJay, thanks a mil for that. Unfortunately when I went to book the price went from €59 to €79 so that offer may be over, I have emailed them.

Flowerman, thanks for your suggestion, definitely just want this collected but if I'm getting rid of stuff again I will definitely rethink as going to recycling centres sounds brilliant value.

No problem.:)

You can get a mini skip for 95euro which can take a few of these skip bags from past experience. Just looking it up here myself now. No connection with link supplied.
[broken link removed]

Jumbletown.ie or free section adverts. Ie people often take rubble etc for fill etc..

Probably better to phone them. As far as I remember, that landline number is diverted to a mobile of the driver. He might do you a deal if he has other customers in your area.

Thanks John Jay, I got no reply so I'll ring him later today!

Thanks also to other replies.

Back