How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Thanks Mondeoman,

Tried all that, but no joy. It still comes up with -5000 miles when starting the car. Any ideas.

Thanks Mondeoman,

Tried all that, but no joy. It still comes up with -5000 miles when starting the car. Any ideas.

hi m8,
I've checked it again & it's correct for a 2003 BMW 318i(E46).
just keep trying it,just dont worry about numbers 8 to 11:)

NOTE- numbers 8-11 are for cars with a mile countdown to service.

Mondeoman,

my wife has a 01 corolla 1.4l. service warning /engine management light is on. how do i get it off.

many thanks,

shay.

Hi Mondeoman,

This is a fantastic thread, do you know how to reset an Audi TT 2001 1.8L please?

Huge Thanks

Speedy

Mondeoman,

my wife has a 01 corolla 1.4l. service warning /engine management light is on. how do i get it off.

many thanks,

shay.

sorry m8,
according to Autodata that car don't have a service remaining indicator/symbol:(

Hi Mondeoman,

This is a fantastic thread, do you know how to reset an Audi TT 2001 1.8L please?

Huge Thanks

Speedy

Hi Speedy,

1. insure ignition is 'OFF'

2.press and hold the right trip button(in dash cluster display)

3,switch ignition 'ON'

4.release RH trip button

5.the word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display, within 5 seconds press & hold the 'LEFT' trip button until the word service is cleared from the display.

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

please note- vechicles on 'Longlife' service intervals may be reset using the method above but this will result in the service interval indicator returing to fixed service intervals.

To retain longlife service intervals the service interval indicator must be reset using suitable diagnostic equipment:)

let know how you get on please.

Hi Speedy,

1. insure ignition is 'OFF'

2.press and hold the right trip button(in dash cluster display)

3,switch ignition 'ON'

4.release RH trip button

5.the word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display, within 5 seconds press & hold the 'LEFT' trip button until the word service is cleared from the display.

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

please note- vechicles on 'Longlife' service intervals may be reset using the method above but this will result in the service interval indicator returing to fixed service intervals.

To retain longlife service intervals the service interval indicator must be reset using suitable diagnostic equipment:)

let know how you get on please.

Hello Mondeoman

Worked a treat, you are becoming a legend sir!!!

Many Many Thanks

Speedy

hi mondeoman,
thanks for that. i dont know what the light is called but it went on when the car ran low on oil and wont go off now. any ideas?

many thanks,

shay.

hi mondeoman,
thanks for that. i dont know what the light is called but it went on when the car ran low on oil and wont go off now. any ideas?

many thanks,

shay.

Hi Shay,
I presume you have top it back up with oil?,It could be a faulty oil pressure switch,:)

hiya,

yeah i topped it up again. the last time the oil went low the light stayed on and the better half had to bring it to a garage to get it reset.........

thanks again.

shay.

I have the service warning flashing at me in my 05 VW Polo for some time now.

I heard a nasty rumour that if you leave this warning flashing without getting it serviced by VW, eventually the gizmo won't let you start your car and so forces you to get it serviced by VW.

Is there any truth to this? Sounds a bit ridiculous but thought it best to check here and quash this rumour!

I have the service warning flashing at me in my 05 VW Polo for some time now.

I heard a nasty rumour that if you leave this warning flashing without getting it serviced by VW, eventually the gizmo won't let you start your car and so forces you to get it serviced by VW.

Is there any truth to this? Sounds a bit ridiculous but thought it best to check here and quash this rumour!

I think its only a silly rumour m8 TBH.

anyway try this to see if it clears it for you.

1.press & hold trip button on RH side

2. switch ignition 'ON'

3.service message or symbol is displayed

4.Release trip button

5.then turn trip button to the right untill all counters are reset.

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

mondy,
Do I clear the INSP message the same way as the 01 Corsa, I have a
Opel Zafira type B ..05 onwards..new model ? Thanks

hey guys i need help to remove a service indicator on a 'Chevrolet Trans Sport' it's a 2002 year old model. someone? plz :D

I think its only a silly rumour m8 TBH.

anyway try this to see if it clears it for you.

1.press & hold trip button on RH side

2. switch ignition 'ON'

3.service message or symbol is displayed

4.Release trip button

5.then turn trip button to the right untill all counters are reset.

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

Thanks mondeoman, will post here once I've tried it and let you all know if it works.

Hi Mondeoman

This is a great thread. I was wondering if you could tell me how to reset the Service Indicator in a 98 BMW 316 (E36). I tried the previous post for the 2003 E46 but it didn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
DeBarr

Hi Mondeoman

I have an 04 Renault Megane Dynamique, with service spanner flashing. I tried your remedy as per your instructions to the original poster of this topic but on my dash display there is no "miles left to next service" message, only Trip, Fuel left. average speed, mileage and then computer log comes up. I tried it with the Trip display but still flashing. Any ideas?
Many many thanks...............

Hi Mondeoman

I have an 04 Renault Megane Dynamique, with service spanner flashing. I tried your remedy as per your instructions to the original poster of this topic but on my dash display there is no "miles left to next service" message, only Trip, Fuel left. average speed, mileage and then computer log comes up. I tried it with the Trip display but still flashing. Any ideas?
Many many thanks...............

These are the instructions for a 2004 Renault Megane.
1. switch ignition 'ON'

2. press buttton on the end of wiper stalk (RH) until the 'spanner' symbol flashes & the distance remaining to next service appears in the odometer display.

3. press & hold the trip stalk(in dash cluster)for aproxx 10secs untill new service interval is displayed.

4 .release trip stalk(in dash)

5. Switch ignition 'OFF'

This should work -i tryed it myself on a luguna 2 recently & it worked a treat.;)

Back