New York - Woodbury Common and Jersey Village

Daddy

Spending a few days in NY in July.

Staying Manhattan.

Is the Jersey Village closer to get to than Woodbury Common.

Is WC an absolute must get to if buying labels for kids or can one do just as good in and around Manhattan.

Any advice appreciated.

did a search on the forum and quite a few topics on Woodbury and Jersey Gardens.

One topic mentioned you pay no tax on clothes in Jersey and do pay tax in Woodbury.

What is the tax rate ?

Do you get a book of vouchers in Jersey also like in Woodbury ?

Alos, one poster states there is an Abercrombie and Fitch store in Jersey and none in Woodbury. Is this still the case ?

You wil get a book of vouchers on production of your passport at the customer service desk at Jersey Gardens. This gives you an 11% discount ( Same as Macys ) , cancelling out the state tax.
There is an Abercrombie and Fitch store in both outlets.

i went to woodbury common and its just fantastic. hilfiger stuff is pratically being given away. everyone i know says WC is better for labels than JG

jersey gardens is much better, you get a voucher book when u arrive with up to ten per cent off in some shops, and once you get the discount they tick it off in a book.
in nike town ,i bought 2 pairs of nike shox, and three pairs of kids kine runners, two tracksuits an one adult hoody for 120 dollars.

ina kids shop called kids place, i got two timberland tops .one jeans and a hoody for my son for 42 dollars.

tommy hilfiger shop and timberland ,nautica and abercrombie and fisch have great bargains, but you need to watch your handbag in these shops.

mickman,
nike shox are runners!!! and i made a spelling mistake on "kids kine runners" . i meant kids nike runners!!!
have you nothing better to do than pick up on peoples spelling errors????

mickman,
nike shox are runners!!! and i made a spelling mistake on "kids kine runners" . i meant kids nike runners!!!
have you nothing better to do than pick up on peoples spelling errors????

.....and as for your punctuation.......

so all of a sudden we are picking up on punctuation and spelling errors , instead of the question at hand which is about woodbury common vs jersey gardens??

what is the point replying to any post when there are so many smart alecs ready to jump and basically make people feel stupid as they made a spelling mistake , did it ever occur to any of you out there that any person replying or posting may be dyslexic or even in a hurry and cant write a long reply so may even use shorter words for things, like u for you , or dis for this ??

Dunno about that, but I hadn't a clue either about what "kids kine runners" were until your clarified this...

If you only have a few days in New York I'm going to re-iterate my standard advice don't waste your time going to these outlets!

IMO Jersey Gardens is a kip. And a waste of a half day. The day we went I'd say we bought three things between a group of us.

Woodbury Commons are more pleasant but a lot of high end stuff. More Gucci than Gap (though they have both stores). It's a trek out from the city and additional cost.

Instad stay in Manhattan. If you want discounts you've got TJ Maxx, Filene's and DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse), all of which offer great value. All the main shops have sale rails too plus I'd say you're arriving in summer sales time anyway so everywhere will have sales.

Speaking of value, the best value at the moment is the weak dollar. Take a pair of Nike runners I recently bought over there for $95 - approx €60 euro. Same ones are over €120 here. So even if you don't get to an outlet or the items you want aren't discounted, you still get amazing value.

Enjoy the city and shop at the same time.

I've heard that Jersey Gardens is only a short shuttle-bus trip from Newark Airport. Is it worth going there for an hour or two say if you're flying from Newark later in the evening?

Is TJ Maxx the same as TK Maxx here, or better?

Thanks.

Spending a few days in NY in July.

Staying Manhattan.

Is the Jersey Village closer to get to than Woodbury Common.

Is WC an absolute must get to if buying labels for kids or can one do just as good in and around Manhattan.

Any advice appreciated.

if your looking for kids clothes , jersey gardens have great shops to buy kids clothes.
there are good shops around manhattan too, but id say if you wanted to spend a half day buying kids clothes you could do it all in jersey gardens.
i went with 22 women, and every one of them would go again.

Thanks.

My kids want Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Roxy and Lacoste.

Shesells: If I thought I could get all these in and around Manhattan at similar prices to either Woodbury or Jersey then I would not venture out there - but surely the outlets must be better value even taking account of the cost of getting say to woodbury.

in hilfiger in jersey gardens i bught my son two hilfiger jumpers for 27 dollars each ,a trousers for 14 dollars.
abercrombie and fisch has a sale every morning where u get about 20 to 50 % off before lunch time so its worth going in the morning.
i cant remember lacoste being there but there are too many shops to remember. gap did kids tracksuits for 14 dollars .

I've heard that Jersey Gardens is only a short shuttle-bus trip from Newark Airport. Is it worth going there for an hour or two say if you're flying from Newark later in the evening?
Yes , a complimentery shuttle operates between the terminal and Jersey Gardens - it is literally just across a freeway. I even know of two ladies who flew out Continental one morning , spent the day in JG , and back same evening.:eek:

i had no idea what you were talking about either until you clarified it. if you dont have the time to post properly then maybe you shouldnt post at all.

does a shop in Jersey gardens stock " kids kine runners"??

I would definitely reccomend a trip to Jersey Gardens.
I've gone with a group 3 times, and have always come away with bargains for both myself and my children.
You say you're looking for "Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Roxy and Lacoste".....the only one I wasn't keen on was the A&F store in Jersey Gardens, each time we went their stock wasn't great. Their flagship store on 5th Ave did the job though.

Can't comment on WC as I've never been, but it seems like a bit of a trek in my opinion.

Back