Motor which agency is responsible for regulating the motor insurance industry

times

Hi,

Can anyone inform who or which organisation is responsible for regulating the motor insurance industry.

Thanks,

Times

The Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport lists among its agencies the Road Transport Operator Licensing, ITS and Motor Insurance Division, whose functions include:

• Road Transport Operator Licensing Unit with responsibility for licensing road haulage operators and bus operators;
  • Intelligent Transport Systems Unit with responsibility for overseeing the implementation of Integrated Ticketing and for developing an Intelligent Transport Systems Strategy;
    [*]Motor Insurance Unit with responsibility for the legislative framework governing motor insurance and for overseeing the cost and availability of motor insurance in Ireland.

Transport House, 44 Kildare Street, Dublin 2
Tel: 01 6707444 or locall 1890 443311
E-mail: info@transport

The Certrail Bank of Ireland is responsible for regulating the motor insurance industry.

I'm not satisfied with the manner in which an accident claim was handled by an insurance provider. So who do I contact with my observations as the insurance company in question is totally intransigent & has been extremely unhelpful .

You need to make a written complaint to the insurer and if you are not happy with their final responce you then have the option of bringing your complaint to the FSO
[broken link removed]

Back