Online House + contents insurance

M

Marion

Originally posted by Jimmy:

I remember seeing on the site some time ago that there was a number of on-line brokers offering good deals on house and contents insurance.

Who are they ?

Re: New on-line insurance broker

You can also try .

Re: New on-line insurance broker

"Thank you for visiting our site and I note you have received a quotation for
your Motor Insurance.

Should you obtain a better price elsewhere, please contact me on 1850 43 43 43
quoting the reference number above and we will review your details and hopefully
improve on your quotation.

Kind Regards,"

I went through the process of requesting a quote for car insurance through insure.ie. The quotes were average. Then this arrived a week later.

Who are they trying to kid? They may just as well have said "ONLY JOKING!! Give us a ring and we will give you a better quote." It is no wonder that car insurance is such a irritant to many people.

Re: house insurance + contents

got quotes from all of the sites listed above .but found I got the best quote from First Call Direct 160 pounds in fact of a differance for the same cover

Re: >>Online House + contents insurance

I recently cut my home insurance premium from €660 a year with IIB Homeguard to €274 a year for the same policy with Lloyds through

definately worth a look...

Shammy

I bought an Eagle Star policy through last year because they were offering €50 off, but when the renewal letter came around this year I went to [broken link removed] (with whom we already have an Eagle Star motor policy) and after manual adjustment they brought the premium down from €331 to €259. I've also found them very prompt/efficient/pleasant to deal with...

To Shammy

That's incredible saving.

Is everything absolutely like for like with your existing policy ?

Daddy said:
To Shammy

That's incredible saving.

Is everything absolutely like for like with your existing policy ?

Actually the new policy has €20,000 more cover on it than the old policy so it is a better policy!

Everything else is exactly the same.

€220,000 buildings cover, €60,000 contents cover,Accidental cover included, €125 excess, and €3000 unspecified loss/damage of goods outside of premesis including travel abroad for a premium of €274.

Cant go wrong there!

Shammy

Re: Key Post: Online House + contents insurance

My household insurance is due for renewal and I was wondering if the amount I have my contents insured for - €90,000 - was far too much?

Hi Shammy, I followed your advice for www.123.com. My home insurance was 700 with Eagle Star through AON brokers, and they cut my costs to 392 for slightly higher rebuild and contents cover!! The policy seems to be through AXA UK.

This quote was for (detatched home outside Dublin - 350k rebuild, 70k contents, 4k all risks and accidental - slightly higher excess of 500 (feck it - save more than this excess in 2 years!)).

Sorry to bang on about this but always check the terms & conditions and not just price when shopping around. Having said that 123.ie were cheapest for our required level of cover this year too. We usually also semi "self insure" by opting for the higer excess and not taking accidental damage on the basis that in the (as we reckon) unlikely event of relatively minor accidents happening we would be better off covering the cost ourselves sepecially if such claims would impact premiums going forward.

I will be moving house at the end of the month. I have sorted my mortgage protection policy (thanks to AAM). What other cover do I need? Do I need house and contents or contents only?

If the house is a duplex type of house then part of a annual charge could relate to the building insurance.
If it is an ordinary house and if you are taking out a mortgage then the mortgage provider normally insists on an insurance policy with their interests noted being in place up to the value of the mortgage before releasing funds to your solicitor.

How do you work out the rebuilding cost for house insurance? and what happens if you under insure your rebuiding cost? or over insure ?

is there a website?

Hey guys,
We are thinking about getting the contents of our apartment insured. The maintence fee includes building insurance so no need for that. Can anyone recommend somwhere that is good value?

Cheers,
M

The maintence fee includes building insurance so no need for that.
Are you 100% sure about that? If the property is mortgaged then ask your lender or check your loan terms & conditions to see if that is sufficient for their requirements. In any case you might want to check that the block insurance is sufficient (e.g. by checking the terms & conditions of the policy document) in the absence of your own buildings cover.

Back