BUPA leaving Ireland

thejuggler

Just heard this from a friend who works there - Bupa are leaving Ireland and all its staff are to be let go.

Re: Are BUPA likely to pull out of Ireland ?

Bupa have just announced to their staff in Fermoy that they are pulling out of Ireland. All jobs are being lost

Re: Bupa leaving Ireland All Fermoy jobs lost

is this just posturing?

Unless the company's management are lying I presume not.
BUPA Ireland forced to close it's business

"We have no choice but to leave the market with great regret"
Martin O'Rourke

I doubt if it's just posturing. It's very difficult to make money in a market which is artificially constructed. They have run the numbers and it's unlikely that they will be profitable, so they will exit the market.

It's time that the government got rid of community rating and risk equalisation.

Brendan

.....so, we're all back to the tender mercies of the VHI.....

an absolute disgrace, Bupa have been a life saviour financially last year, VHI better not have a problem being a net contributor to my medical bills seeing as they pushed for the reinstatement of their near monopoly.

so Bupa have decided to do a runner !! was it all about the money ? and not putting up a fight ? or an election stunt coming up to xmas....

So not a bluff then. Nice of them to inform the media before their customers :mad:

Does anyone know what effect this will have on customers who now have to switch back to VHI. I read on RTE that they can switch with no break in cover, but if they contracted an illness whilst at BUPA will they have to pay a higher premium?

ON the rté interview there was an assurance that people insured by BUPA who have existing illnesses can transfer to other providers with no penalty.

So much for a bluff eh....

The government was very quick to stand up for Aer Lingus when it was the subject of an 'anti-competitive' approach by Ryanair but have kept their mouths shut over this absolute disgrace...wonder why??Must be because so many are gona lose their jobs...

Cheers Bertie,as always

How Ironic,

VHI have a banner ad on their website today that says "Tis the season to be trampled"

They must know all us poor Bupa clients will now be forced to some looking to them for insurance.

Just looking at Vivas website and the price is certainly compatible with Bupa, however my concern would be whether many consultants are willing to accept Vivas payment - anyone know?

This is absolutely ridiculous - that VHI will be back monopolising the Private Health Insurance in Ireland. I'm not too sure too many people would go with VIVAS?? As a Bupa member though I will be investigating VIVAS policies before going back to VHI again....I saw that Mary Harney 'regrets' Bupas decision....Jeez - I'm raging.

Just looking at Vivas website and the price is certainly compatible with Bupa, however my concern would be whether many consultants are willing to accept Vivas payment - anyone know?

Vivas have 99% consultants participating, just like Bupa and VHI.

Back